The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Anyone got a wheel
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:02 pm 

Got a puncture this morning after hitting a pothole...thanks dorset council for not fixing it....and its buckled the wheel has anyone got a single wheel for sale??? with or without a tyre...

Post subject: Re: Anyone got a wheel
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:51 pm 

Doobie..

I'd really prefer not to get involved however if you're in a fix I won't let you down. I do have 11 alloys ranging from tyred (and tired) to not far from mint plus two spare steelies however there is a glitch.

I've been messed around a lot by several people on this site and frankly i've had enough! I'm still waiting two months later for albatross to send me a photo of his seatbelt so that i can send him the correct one to replace his. It's not the first time i've emptied the entire shed for a small part only to be told "Oh no worries i got one somewhere else".

It's up to you really. I have seven alloys out on the rear lawn now - i was going to clean them up a bit last week and got taken by man flu.

Now.. I have two complete sets of four alloys. One set is on the lawn, the other is in the shed buried under all sorts of crap and frankly they're staying there like that. Now of the complete set of four, I was hoping to break and sell as 2 pairs of two - front or rear with appropriate tyre depths (rears lasting forever thus having deep depth). The other odd three I will sell individually however their tyres are bald and the alloys aren't great. If push really comes to shove I will sell individual wheels from the four set.

Also I've no idea how much they weigh (at a guess.. 15-20KG?) so no idea about postage / couriers. I also don't have any bubble wrap / packaging / suitable pallets.

If you want one or two I CAN help you but you need to be definite and help / be patient with the transport. I've no idea where you are but you'd be welcome to collect / browse.

As for prices... £25 single baldie, £40 front with tyre (£70 pair), £50 for a rear with good depth (£90 pair).. but i am open to offers depending on alloy condition etc.

I can take and post photos of each wheel on request.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:43 pm 

Cheers Saffles i am in Dorset but can travel a bit depending on where you are or arrange for a mate to collect if further away a single baldie is fine as i have a new tyre on the bent one to swop over and i am in no hurry i can pay now with paypal or bank transfer or cash on collection whichever suits you. I am in no rush as the wheel was straightened by the tyre place so its just for peace of mind. I can then use the other as a spare to avoid having to use the steel as a spare. You can pm me your postcode or your phone number and i can ring you at a suitable time to sort it out or supply my details if you prefer.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:45 pm 

Howdi Doobie..

Been out there today for pics, some not as good as my memory convinced me so prices are reduced!

See this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=387&p=1799#p1799

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:55 pm 

Well I offered to get you out of a fix but a week later I've heard nothing.

I can only assume that you've found a spare somewhere else and as most folk round here never bother to let me know, I am no longer selling any alloys.

Thanks for your interest.