The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Wanted
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:27 pm 

Anyone got a drip tray? (not sure if that is what it's called) i.e The plastic shield that fixes under the engine bay? Mine is a 1998 2.5 20v. Not sure if they are different on other models. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Wanted
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:05 pm 

Hello Saffy and welcome to the forum!

I have one spare. It's from a 2.5 20V phase 2 (volvo engine). It's leaning up against my shed at the moment as it came off a car I am currently breaking.

If you'd like it, you can have it for £30 + courier OR pickup but I am open to reasonable offers. The car is still being broken up now so if there is anything else you need.. (I have an angle grinder so that includes bits of chassis too) ;)

I will post photos of it tomorrow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:43 pm 

Welcome Saffy,i will let you know about the release cable tommorrow as promised!!
Good you joined us,we have a small fanbase but between us we know most if not all Safrane problems,issues or random knowledge of these cars.
Saffles seems to be the main Phase 2 man,me i,am more of a Phase 1 person,but please feel free to ask any questions and someone on here should be able to help.
Post a thread about your car and tell us about your dealings with it,hopefully Saffles can sort the undertray and me the bonnet release cable,not bad in the first day of joining...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:18 am 

Thanks Saffles

Yes please to the tray - if you can get it here for £40 ish all in. Where are you? I may be able to collect. And don't throw anything away for a few days! I'm currently hoping to do some work on my car as soon as the weather improves. I'm starting with the rear discs (got new ones) but it would not surprise me if the calipers were shot too. I won't know until I've had them off. And lastly - what is the exhaust middle and end section like? If there are no holes and it can be taken off I may be interested.

Thanks
John
Phone number removed by saffles - don't want members getting cold calling!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:32 pm 

Hi John,

Sounds like a fair offer assuming the couriers can do it for £10-£15. I've never sent anything that large before so let me make enquiries and i will see what I can do for you.

As for throwing bits away, I've done no such thing yet! I do have a large plastic compost bin full of bits of metal I was going to weigh in though but anything else (including nuts, bolts and pretty much most other bits is still up for grabs. I still have many remains from the previous one in 3 sheds too ;)

As for the exhaust, no holes in it but it was getting a little growly from memory but I never did anything with it. At the moment I can't actually get it out as the join between the middle and back sections have welded together via the rust. I need to get the rear subframe down before I can take them both out together as I can't get them to seperate in their current position.

One rear caliper was like new - I'd bought that myself last year off ebay and fitted it so I'm keeping that as a spare myself. The other one.. if its anything like the old one I replaced, it won't come out intact but I can try. I was just going to remove the whole shock assembly with it still on there and stash it in the shed ;)

I will get photos of the tray in a jiffy..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:21 pm 

Hi John,

Sorry for delay, went to get photos of undertray and ended up working on the rear driver side shock in order to get the subframe down and get a better look at the exhaust - took me quite a while :rolleyes:

Exhaust does have some mild rust patches but it looks to be fairly intact. The only snag is the two boxes pipes are welded together with rust that is refusing to budge. The same can be said for the front end where it joins to the cat. I'll have to get the cat unbolted in order to get the whole thing out and try to seperate it all as the cat is knackered but still worth a tenner!

Anyway as promised, here's pics of the tray:

As you can see its still got oil on it from my engine (it's had a neglected life on a farm in its past) and gone a bit green but I can clean that off for you if you're happy with it?

Saffles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:24 am 

Saffles

I'm not sure you got my reply. I can't see it when I go to view forum. Anyhow. I an collect from Kent - this Saturday or Sunday or Wed, Thur, Fri of next week. Any good?

Let me know

Thanks
John

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:52 pm 

Hi John,

Yes I got your reply, will have to get back to you in a bit as still not sure how I'm fixed for those days.

What other parts were you wanting to talk about?

Saffles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:17 pm 

John I've sent you a PM about a week ago and had no reply from you so I am going to accept offers from elsewhere on the undertray.

Hopefully you will still secure one somehow ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:36 am 

My apologies Saffles

I'm not sure what happened - but I did a reply immediately after you suggested that there was a tray on ebay - which would saving me on collection from you. Basically I said many thanks for notifying me of this - particularly as it was not in your own interest to lose a sale. I said I would make an offer and if they accepted it I would be saving a fair bit of money. Which is what happened. I've no idea why you did not get that message or why it does not show up on the page - but I honestly did write a reply.

All I can say is many thanks and my apologies. I don't mess people intentionally.
John