The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Leather front seats
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:57 pm 

Hi all

I am after a pair of front seats for a MK2. Must be in very good condition and grey.

There is someone breaking a 3L MK1 on ebay.......could I retro fit the electric back seats into my MK2?

Also there is a roller blind parcel shelf from a 3L for sale on there.......are these any good or am I just waisting money?

Cheers

Adam

Post subject: Re: Leather front seats
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:10 pm 

addsclayton wrote:
There is someone breaking a 3L MK1 on ebay.......could I retro fit the electric back seats into my MK2?

Yes, it's been done by several of us however if you plan to switch the leather covers over from one piece of metal work to another it's bl**dy difficult. The mechanisms / framework do fit with one or two minor differences. The sides of the rear metalwork have a triangular plate which is different between ph1 and 2. You can make do without it however if you want to keep it there you need the phase 1 version otherwise the ph2 won't fit. To see what I mean, pull off the sides of the back of your seats and you'll see what I mean by the triangular plate.

addsclayton wrote:
Also there is a roller blind parcel shelf from a 3L for sale on there.......are these any good or am I just waisting money?

Yes they fit and are a cool gizmo. They hook up into those two little holes in the roof above the rear headrests. You won't be wasting any money - I have one of them myself courtesy of a former safrane driver (the guy who made the safrane on ebay video on youtube).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:15 pm 

I,ve never actually seen a Phase 2 conversion on the electric rear seats.
Its a great feature on the V6 and a shame it didn,t actually go onto the Phase 2,i,am not sure if the wiring is there already,its only the conectors for the motors on the base and the connectors for the back units,the rear seats move up and down and back and forth on a 50/50 split it very impressive!
Rear sunblinds are great,i have a few spare of them aswell,is your car a 2.5 phase 2 Adam?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:55 pm 

To be honest I dont think that I would keep the frame of my seats as they rock slightly were the front joints are worn, if it wasnt for this I would just my leather repaired as it only about £120 to have to 2 seats repaired.

My Dad had a 3L in the mid 90s and though the electric back seats were great, I think this is one of many things that is missing from the MK2 that should have been carried over.

Yes mine is a Silver 2.5..............I will do a little bio for her on her one day.[url][/url]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:32 pm 

addsclayton wrote:
I am after a pair of front seats for a MK2. Must be in very good condition and grey.

Do you still want some front seats andy? I have two leccy front seats available if you're still interested?