The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:38 pm 

Howdi Gang

I don't normally do this sort of thing however with Saffles Jnr on the way, no employment for two years, safrane parts piling up and other owners looking for alloys... I decided to make available my surplus stock of 7 alloys. No refunds, once they're rehomed, they're not coming back! This is a time limited offer, I'm only really doing this to help doobie out but if i help one person it would be wrong of me not to help others. After a week or two I'm taking them off sale.

Doobie has got himself into a scrape and thus has first dibs..

I've done a quick wonder wheels job on the visible side for photos. The insides are still covered with brake dust (virtually black) and I've very little wonder wheels left - not enough to clean out one internal of a wheel - sorry!

Prices: In an ideal world lol. I don't think they're too bad considering you get tyres with them but I'm listening to offers.

All alloys have some sort of kerbing or scratches. They're all candidates for refurbing if you want your car to look mint.

Delivery: I have no small pallets, no packaging materials... well no nothing really. I've no idea how much they weigh (at a guess 20 - 25Kg) so I am GUESSING that a courier would be about a tenner? Either way I can either whack a postage label in a plastic sleeve on the bare wheel or at extra cost I can obtain and bubble wrap it. Please note i will need a few days to obtain wrap from ebay so allow for a week before I can send please! Bubble wrap is an extra £5. Courier.. I can do this for you or you can arrange yourself but please send a courier that will leave a collection receipt AND also PM me your address so that I can double check with the courier - I don't want item missing claims etc.

Spiders, mud, brake dust, cobwebs, spider eggs and alloy corrosion are to be considered free gifts!

Alloys are pictured below with details.

Tyre 1:

Tread: Bald - Not to be driven on!
Misc: This tyre was a volunteer for a failed DIY tyre removal. Attacked with a screwdriver down the inside of the tyre which didn't get anywhere, hammer brought in, I know it struck metal inside somewhere but no idea if this caused any real damage or not. Considering you can kerb an alloy, hit a pothole at high speed etc I would assume it's ok but a screwdriver blade is has a smaller surface area / sharper impact so you take your chances.
Price: £15. Price reflects unlikely but possible damage.

Tyre 2:

Misc: Nothing to mention.
Price: £25

Tyre 3:

Misc: 2 weights on outside (no idea if they can be moved to the inner side?) Also one inside the alloy.
Price: £20. Price reflects cosmetic look of the weights

Tyre 4:

Tread: 5-6mm
Misc: Tyre has a repair rubber plug in it. I drove around on it like this with no hassle however the tyre has been stood at the bottom of a pile of 7 alloys for over a year (hence mud being spattered all over by the rain). If you want a pair with similar treads, this is ideally paired with Tyre 5.
Price: £45

Tyre 5:

Tread: 5-6mm
Misc: Security bolt hole has bolt inside hole - will need drilling out and retapping. I snapped this myself when trying to knock the bolt round to get the centre plate off (didn't have key from previous owner). Sods law.. this one the only one of the 4 that gave me hassle..
Price: £45

SPECIAL DEAL!!! Take both alloys and tyres 4 and 5 for £70 (excludes delivery).

Tyre 6:

Tread: 3-4mm
Misc: Mild cracking inside the treads. I've driven worse but this is to be considered. Further pics on request.
Price: £35

Tyre 7:

Tread: 3-4mm
Misc: Mild cracking inside the treads. I've driven worse but this is to be considered. Further pics on request. Tyre gone green! I left it weighing down the cover over my spare engine. As the odd one out and stuck in a damp corner it went green. Nothing else to mention.
Price: £35

SPECIAL DEAL!!! Take both alloys and tyres 6 and 7 for £60 (excludes delivery).

If you have any questions, please ask here and i will post a reply. If you want to buy / trade details please PM me.

Saffles.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:27 pm 

Well no enquiries, no offers or haggling... no nothing :rolleyes:

I've provided photos, been as honest as possible, listed damage / condition and clearly stated that I was open to offers.

As my alloys are of no interest to anyone I am now removing them from sale.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]