The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 1994 Renault Safrane 2.2
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:08 pm 

The time has come to sell my phase 1 Renault Safrane, with quite possibly the lowest miles in the country.
It is a very reliable work horse, drives great and will take you anywhere in the country. Very usable classic with a few very minor issues.

Very low miles @ 53k, some of you may know it as it was apparently TV featured in an episode of Lovejoy back in the day..

MOT until November 18.

Minor issues (bearing in mind it is a very cheap car!):

Rear exhaust needs replacing or reattached as has started to hang loose.

Heater only works full blast, other settings intermittently. There are heated seats that work perfectly though for the colder months ahead!

Only in colder months, the engine takes a couple of minutes to warm up, usually only first thing in the morning and after no more than a couple of minutes driving it is completely fine. I suspect it might just need a temperature sensor / valve but it's never bothered me sufficiently enough to look into it. It doesn't do it at all in warmer weather.

Drivers door lock only works intermittently.

Few small dents and scratches.

Otherwise this is a great car that has years left in it with such low miles and having been regularly serviced, is ridiculously comfortable and gets some amount of attention / comments often due to its rarity. All wheel arches are clean with no rot, not bad for a 24 year old car!

Had a new clutch replaced a couple of years ago, two new front tyres and rear brakes done for last MOT.

Collection only. Please no time wasters or tyre kickers. If you agree to buy the car, collection must be made within 5 days and a deposit left. Had experience of too many time wasters in the past.

£400 ovno. Please PM or call me 07849006512

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:14 pm 

I should add that the car is located in Edinburgh.

I'm going to sorely miss the car but after 4 years of ownership I fancy a change now. Would be nice if it went to someone who appreciates Safranes.

It's not mint but if you have some spares it easily could be made so.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:18 pm 

couple more photos.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:33 pm 

I thought my 96 2.5dt was probably the lowest mileage example around with only 73k... Clearly I was wrong...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:47 pm 

This is well worth buying, under 30 Phase 1 left on the road now and this has super low miles on it,best colour aswell!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:09 am 

No interest at all on here?!

I know it's a small community but i thought someone on here might have been interested in this one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:13 am 

Sorry I'm not a ph1 man... plus I'm financially depleted at present :rolleyes:

Hopefully someone will snap it up though but this forum is slow these days - this has been the quietest year ever.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:38 am 

Saffles wrote:
Sorry I'm not a ph1 man... plus I'm financially depleted at present :rolleyes:

Hopefully someone will snap it up though but this forum is slow these days - this has been the quietest year ever.

To be fair there aren't a huge amount of Safranes left for there to be a big community I guess.

Anyway I am price dropping to £350 now. Absolute bargain.

I've had a whole raft of facebook timewasters and no shows, someone please save it!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:51 pm 

Now sold to a real retro car appreciator :)