The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 11:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduction
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:15 pm 

You are right,not the same person.
But i know someone who also was after an excellent Safrane but has bought a 5 series!
Tell us more about the Safrane lee.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:18 pm 

Attachment:
IMAG0052.jpg
Hi there all, its nice to hear such comments! The Safrane is as tidy as it appears in the pics, the body work is in excellent condition give or take a couple of the almost impossible to avoid 'pin marks' where people, before i owned it i might add, have opened their car doors carelessly. The leather is unmarked, only the steering wheel shows the signs of being used.
The mileage is just under 94 k, so not to bad for a fourteen year old! and certainly not to a 2.5 Volvo lump. I did add the reversing sensors myself which have proved very useful..but my favorite gadget is the passenger mirror dipping to show you the kerb when in reverse, that i do like.
The only thing that has decided to stop working lately is the cruise control, my friend the Renault guy seems to think the problem is most likely to be a steering wheel switch or connection, but i haven't looked at it yet.
I have fitted sat nav which is a permanent fixture, beneath the radio...trying to mimic the Questor X ;) but it does fit in well even though its actually a Navman. I even persuaded my brother who is an electronic engineer to replace the tiny blue led's in it for orange ones so as it would match the rest of the dials!
As for the value..i was hoping you guys might be able to help me on that one!

Lee

PS.. no heated windscreen

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:57 pm 

Lee wrote:
As for the value..i was hoping you guys might be able to help me on that one!

Not much I'm afraid, typically anything from £5-800. Despite it being a minter please don't be fooled, these cars don't keep their value. Last year there was a black questor I nearly bought that was priced at £1.8k and I only say nearly because the chap dropped to £800 on the condition I looked after the car like a pet. I backed out for various reasons and he priced it up again and repeatedly stuck it on ebay with no success. It was a questor too but had no heated screen (a feature that for some reason is quite rare yet I've had it on all 3 of ours). Despite finding 3 half decent black safranes I've still yet to find a good one with the heated screen (a wonderful toy when it works and an annoying disappointment when it doesn't and you're in a rush :rolleyes: ). I don't think it can be retrofitted either - a chap that SAFRANEV6 and I know retro fitted all the gadgets to his 2L safrane (leccy seats, mirrors etc) but he was never able to fit the leccy screen as the wiring was an issue along with screen replacement. For some quirky reason, despite being the top model, the questor only had the electric screen as an option and not standard - odd isn't it.

Its got to be said though, stunning motor Lee! I'd be so tempted to make you an offer if I had the cash..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:01 pm 

Hi Lee
This does sound like a very nice example
What price do you think you will get for the Safrane?
Problem with these cars no matter how nice they are there isn,t much of a following as such for them and only a few people want a stunning example.Its just a case of finding that person?
The retro fitment of the sat nav sounds good,seem pics of this on foreign sites,can you show a pic of this?
Got anymore pics of the car,does look fantastic.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:06 pm 

Blimey Saffles must of been thinking on the same wavelength as me!!
I found it bizzare that the Questor didn,t have a heated screen,very tight of Renault that.
I think in all honesty Saffles pricing is spot on,i know its not good but there just isn,t that demand for tem,a crying shame i know.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:11 pm 

The best value is simply what someone is willing to pay for the right car. I'd happily pay over the odds for a good car but there aren't many like me. There aren't many people that like French cars, fewer still that like big French cars! Add in a thirsty big engine and you're not going to have a long orderly queue forming. I bought mine at 4 years old with 29,000 fully renault serviced miles on the clock for just £3k, a drop of £22k in 4 years. These days, I think you'll be lucky to get 4 figures. Sad really as they are such a great car. I don't know your circumstances but I'd keep hold of it if I were you.

I expect my car would be worth more than most as it is running on LPG which was installed to a very high standard. I think the fuel issue is a rather big problem these days.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:00 pm 

Safrane610 wrote:
I expect my car would be worth more than most as it is running on LPG which was installed to a very high standard. I think the fuel issue is a rather big problem these days.

I thought that a couple of years ago when I saw a 2.5 LPG on ebay with another identical car for spares (can't remember if that was LPG or not). After three auctions I think they finally sold for just £500 :shocked: If I'd known at the time how low the ending price would have been I would of made a bid myself as I could of seriously done with a few parts and the LPG system would have been a nice addition to our current safrane (it wasn't a certified installation the owner told me via ebay questions and I think thats why the value was so low).

How I'd love to get LPG into mine.. No need for a big win on the lotto, just give me LPG a new paint job (black) and a set of good seats / carpets and I'll be a happy man ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:32 pm 

I wouldn't buy an LPG car without the certification. It's pretty dangerous stuff when not done properly. I was very careful about selecting who did mine and the job was completed and certified by one of the best gas fitters in the UK (Hardy's of Pwllheli) and people repeatedly say they believe it is fitted by Renault such is the quality of the installation. They have also serviced it since fitting it. I'm not planning on selling mine so I don't really care what its worth but when you see mint Safrane's for less than a grand, you can't help but think you can never have too many quality cars! Compared to the rubbish produced today, I know what I'd rather have. I think the car just suits me completely.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:54 pm 

Yes I agree, you can't beat the safrane compared to much of the trash out there today and you're not alone in your thinking either. I have contact with a bloke in Ireland who is just the same - he spends £crazy on his and they're worth peanuts yet he loves it to bits.

Every safrane driver I've met so far (and thats quite a lot both online and in person) is the same. They just can't let go of their safrane.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:04 pm 

I know what you all mean about the value, but then i guess its been handy for us that are enthusiastic about the Safrane...i mean we are driving around in cars built to a higher standard than all those over-rated equivalents for much less money. And of course the rarity of the Safrane gives it that something extra.
All that aside, the Safrane will have to go, as much as i would love to keep it and when i can force myself to let go of it!I know its not worth much despite its condition, its mainly the sentimental value that's been preventing me from selling but i do need the space it takes up. Selling to someone who appreciates it as much as i have would help.

Lee

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next