The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduction
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:01 pm 

I think the Safrane looks really nice in that colour.

Also a very tidy example.

You're always showing off your Alpine, yes I'm jealous.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:22 pm 

Sorry!! I fell in love with the Alpine and the Safrane at the same time (20 years ago now). Never thought I'd own the Alpine though. There is only 9 yellow A610's in the UK so not exactly easy to find one (had to be yellow, spider alloys and leather which narrowed it down even further!) and I always thought I'd never be able to afford it due to initial purchase cost, insurance, fuel costs etc. In reality, I got it at the right price, the insurance is half the cost of the Safrane and the fuel economy is quite frankly unbelievable for a 170mph junior supercar (I recently got 34mpg out of a full weekend's use doing 350 miles including 2 runs up a hillclimb course and a fair bit of waiting around.)

But it is my toy. The Safrane is my daily driver and given the choice of any car on our drive, I'd always pick the Safrane for it's comfort, ease of use, understated good looks and all the other reasons why we love our Safranes so much. :-)

Chris H wrote:
I think the Safrane looks really nice in that colour.

Also a very tidy example.

You're always showing off your Alpine, yes I'm jealous.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:44 am 

Is the Alpine the one you posted up on Retro that you had painted at the start of the year?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:18 pm 

Was painted a few years back now. With it being fibreglass, they never came out the factory with great paint jobs and often had problems early on. Most have had at least one full re-spray.

Chris H wrote:
Is the Alpine the one you posted up on Retro that you had painted at the start of the year?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:11 pm 

I have to say its nice to find a 'place' where other people appreciate the Safrane as much as i do, instead of hearing the usual hatred of all things French. The Safrane certainly is an underrated luxury car, especially when compared to the overrated German equivalents...which i have found more unreliable and prone to rust.
I've had two Safrane's, a phase 1 2.2 which i had for five years which never missed a beat and i sold only when i found the exact phase 2 that i wanted, which i must admit my girlfriend checked Auto-trader for almost every day for me for over a year until it appeared....metallic black, phase 2, 2.5 with the electric seat and Alpine six CD changer option. I've had it for over seven years now and its been excellent, never let me down. I do most of the basic service stuff myself like oil, antifreeze and brake fluid changes, but i am lucky that one of my friends is a Renault technician...or should i say car mechanic ;) for Renault dealer and he has done a couple of jobs that i steer clear of like changing the timing belt and a drive-shaft.

Anyways its a shame i didn't find this forum years ago as I've been very reluctantly..and keep putting it off..deciding to sell the Safrane :cry: as not only do i hardly get to drive it these days, i need the space on my driveway! Lee

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:53 pm 

That looks lovely!!!!
So have you sold this Lee or are you thinking about it?
Does look superclean and nice to know you know your stuff about the options etc that are fitted.
Looks fantastic,is it as good in real lefe.
Nice writeup.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:18 pm 

Lee wrote:
Anyways its a shame i didn't find this forum years ago

You'd of had a hard time.. I only set it up late last year at SAFRANEV6's request ;) The website has been around for about 2-3 years in various states of unfinishedness (I do bits every few months as it is more of a test bed for PHP programming) but it was only last year SV6 suggested I install a forum.

Lee wrote:
I've been very reluctantly..and keep putting it off..deciding to sell the Safrane :cry:

I know the feeling.. I have two of them laid up - both beige in colour - one scruffy old dog thats been immensely reliable and one a lot nicer but troublesome. I've been prowling for a good black coloured safrane for many years and never found one when I've got the money - they always come up when I'm skint. Unfortunately I can't make you an offer :cry: but if you're not in a hurry then in 6 months that could be different (and it would go to a good home as I love my saffs ;) )

Does it have the electrically heated front screen?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:47 pm 

Looks fabulous. What sort of mileage has it done? I notice it has rear parking sensors? My friend was looking for one a while back but he bought a 5 series in the end as there weren't any Safrane's for sale and I wasn't about to sell mine! How much would you be looking for if you were to sell it?

Lee wrote:
I have to say its nice to find a 'place' where other people appreciate the Safrane as much as i do, instead of hearing the usual hatred of all things French. The Safrane certainly is an underrated luxury car, especially when compared to the overrated German equivalents...which i have found more unreliable and prone to rust.
I've had two Safrane's, a phase 1 2.2 which i had for five years which never missed a beat and i sold only when i found the exact phase 2 that i wanted, which i must admit my girlfriend checked Auto-trader for almost every day for me for over a year until it appeared....metallic black, phase 2, 2.5 with the electric seat and Alpine six CD changer option. I've had it for over seven years now and its been excellent, never let me down. I do most of the basic service stuff myself like oil, antifreeze and brake fluid changes, but i am lucky that one of my friends is a Renault technician...or should i say car mechanic ;) for Renault dealer and he has done a couple of jobs that i steer clear of like changing the timing belt and a drive-shaft.

Anyways its a shame i didn't find this forum years ago as I've been very reluctantly..and keep putting it off..deciding to sell the Safrane :cry: as not only do i hardly get to drive it these days, i need the space on my driveway! Lee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:00 pm 

My friend was looking for one a while back but he bought a 5 series in the end

I think i know who this is?
He lives near me and indeed was searching for an excellent example.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:12 pm 

I doubt it. Do you live near Chester? My friend really wanted my car as a commuter car to get to Oxford. He also has a Corvette but wanted a motorway mile muncher which didn't cost a huge amount. Obviously he had been in my car and knew how good the Safrane is. The 5 series he bought is lovely to be fair and he is a BMW man (after three 3 series before the Vette).

SAFRANEV6RXE wrote:
My friend was looking for one a while back but he bought a 5 series in the end

I think i know who this is?
He lives near me and indeed was searching for an excellent example.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next