The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:12 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: E-bay finds
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:24 am 

I purchased a Phase 1 V6 velour interior from a previous member and attempted to fit it only to find the wiring in my car was incompatible and beyond my abilities, even with some excellent advice from forum members. I then tried to sell the interior on, well offered it free on here, in fact. I managed to find a home for the passenger seat but had great difficulty disposing of the rest.

I've had no interest in the Safrane on eBay even with a price not much more than scrap value, so I've decided to keep it, well for two months at least, until the mot expires and decide at that point what to do.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:30 am 

I see its no longer for sale,have you sold it?
Still think its the best writeup i,ve seen on e-bay for ages...
Cheap car at £350 really,hopefully you can keep hold of it!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:45 am 

tubaboy wrote:
I purchased a Phase 1 V6 velour interior from a previous member and attempted to fit it only to find the wiring in my car was incompatible and beyond my abilities, even with some excellent advice from forum members. I then tried to sell the interior on, well offered it free on here, in fact. I managed to find a home for the passenger seat but had great difficulty disposing of the rest.

I've had no interest in the Safrane on eBay even with a price not much more than scrap value, so I've decided to keep it, well for two months at least, until the mot expires and decide at that point what to do.

Ouch.. you've had an ordeal! (You're not alone, ours has been off the road since 2010 with technical difficulties).

There isn't any demand these days for safrane parts. I keep seeing people trying to sell interiors, seats etc on ebay every few months and nobody wants them anymore. I've got three spare front seats at present.. it was four but i dismantled one to make space and the next victim is due to be dismembered in the coming week as i need the space on the back seat of our daily car where its been living since the year dot. The other two are in a cupboard under the stairs.. one has been retro fitted with the electric pump / cushions from a ph1, the other was the next one waiting for the mod but the chap who was going to do it never got back to me.

I've got 2.5 sheds full of safrane parts.. plus bits in boxes under the bed, in the cupboards etc.. nobody wants any of it. I tried giving our safrane away with the entire lot - for free but even then nobody would take it - I wanted rid of the hassle but like you since changed my mind as it was too good for scrap.

I don't see the safrane staying around another decade to be honest. The safranes in the wild are slowly going to the car heaven in the sky, the few members here are slowly diminishing and spares have almost dried up. It doesn't really look promising does it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:14 am 

It's a real shame. I'm still using mine as my daily driver and I can't imagine not having it (despite having at least 4 other cars at my disposal - all of which are far more 'desirable' to be seen in) It's so handy for throwing just about anything in and still gets comments from everyone who gets in it that it is the most comfortable car they have ever been in. It also goes extremely well, never misses a beat and costs buttons to run (it's LPG'd which helps with daily running costs). It will also happily sit on the motorway at 90 leptons all day long. I've probably been quite lucky with mine but I think it is the best car I've ever owned (I did love my R25's too) and I've had it for over 14 years now. It's never spent any time off the road apart from when the power steering hose developed a leak which I fixed.

As already mentioned, if you manage to find a spare LH speaker grill at any point, I'd be most appreciative. ;)

Saffles wrote:
tubaboy wrote:

Ouch.. you've had an ordeal! (You're not alone, ours has been off the road since 2010 with technical difficulties).

There isn't any demand these days for safrane parts. I keep seeing people trying to sell interiors, seats etc on ebay every few months and nobody wants them anymore. I've got three spare front seats at present.. it was four but i dismantled one to make space and the next victim is due to be dismembered in the coming week as i need the space on the back seat of our daily car where its been living since the year dot. The other two are in a cupboard under the stairs.. one has been retro fitted with the electric pump / cushions from a ph1, the other was the next one waiting for the mod but the chap who was going to do it never got back to me.

I've got 2.5 sheds full of safrane parts.. plus bits in boxes under the bed, in the cupboards etc.. nobody wants any of it. I tried giving our safrane away with the entire lot - for free but even then nobody would take it - I wanted rid of the hassle but like you since changed my mind as it was too good for scrap.

I don't see the safrane staying around another decade to be honest. The safranes in the wild are slowly going to the car heaven in the sky, the few members here are slowly diminishing and spares have almost dried up. It doesn't really look promising does it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:32 am 

We should start a new thread on this!
The Safranes are going quickly,have a look at the current how many left figures for an idea.But as yet they haven,t be reconoised for they few remaining examples,i,ve tried to get the Safrane in the limelight with various mags,but not had much response except the fact they know very few still survive.
There are only a few that survive in excellent condition as prices fell into banger money for a big car and they where just bought cheap and run into the ground.
Then scrapped when prices were good for scrap metal as they are heavy cars.
Spares are drying up as we all know,new parts are difficult to get in some cases and the only real parts suppliers are Saffles for Phase2 and me for Phase 1 which is great if we have the parts or have more than one that we can move on,in some cases i only have 1 spare of a certain item and can,t let it go.
A phase 1 is a rarer car in any format really as the phase 2 was stronger mechanically,but rust also seems to be a killer......

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:06 am 

I've kept it for now. The only interest I received was from an American woman living in Norwich who wanted a cheap big automatic, if I could be confident it would last her a year, at least. I thought it more trouble than it was worth, pursuing that one.

I have also tried offering it free, in the hope of finding an enthusiast, but with no luck.

For now it lives on until the Mot in September, then I will have to make a more permanent decision. I've thought about finding a lock up to store it in, but if I can't drive it regularly as I do now, I'd rather it was gone.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:57 pm 

Blimey this doesn,t look bad for £250.
https://www.gumtree.com/p/renault/renau ... 1132922235

Fixed broken link ~ Saffles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:19 pm 

Look at this!
LHD and very high miles,but has bits UK cars don,t get..
http://www4.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... &logcode=p

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:48 am 

Only advantage of that car is that it actually has a glove box.. and the handbrake is actually in the right place in relation to the centre console arm rest.

Why they left the handbrake on the left for a RHD car is beyond me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:39 am 

267,000 KM is about 170,000 miles so not actually too high. Quite cheap for a left hooker and diesel too. Would be handy for any cross channel jaunts. Leather part of the seats looks like its seen better days.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next