The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:06 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: E-bay finds
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:52 pm 

Why not a V6? Probably the insurance? My XM and my clunky stopgap Merc are both Group 15. My insurer tells me the Merc is more expensive to insure (and he charged me £59 extra to prove it) as the companies reckon the Merc is more nickable. XMs tend not to be grabbed by boy racers (although I've lost several wing mirrors and aerials and one window from jealous piss artists late at night).
I suppose a Saf, being even rarer, SHOULD be even less nickable and therefore cheaper to ensure? Plus I would imagine that the fuel comsumption isn't wonderful. My former garage had an XM V6 that was a delight to drive -so much welly, smooth and effortless and the guy there reeckoned 32mpg on a run, 20 around town. By comparison, my 2.5TD XM (manual) never does less that 43-4 mpg and up to 50 on a run, but then I'm too old to be a boy racer, but I do like my comfort on long distances, and need a car for large instruments.
Anyway, that's why I don't think I need a Saf V6 at the moment. I'd be delighted if you can persuade me otherwise!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:53 pm 

And thanks to Saffles reply above, now I know why I don't need the V6 -shades of my old Renault 25 with the dodgy auto box....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:09 pm 

Don,t worry about the box,i have a low milage spare one if you need it,just worry about finding a V6 first of all!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:34 pm 

detheridge wrote:
Why not a V6? Probably the insurance? My XM and my clunky stopgap Merc are both Group 15.
My former garage had an XM V6 that was a delight to drive -so much welly, smooth and effortless and the guy there reeckoned 32mpg on a run, 20 around town.

Don't get too excited, the 2.5 ph2 is also a group 15 car and is £Mega bucks to insure. I did get it down to £44 per month once but it soon went up with a claim and the general premiums rise after a snowy winter. Before sorn'ing the car i was paying either £60 or £80 per month (can't honestly remember) but it's been sorn for over 6 months so I can't honestly remember.

As for MPG.. around town I get / got 17MPG in 3 different 2.5 safranes, motorway I could get 28 - 30MPG at 70MPH, slightly more at 60MPH. Main roads probably around 22 - 25MPG. In short, damned expensive and really thirsty but the safrane is pretty much my only pleasure / hobby in life so I kinda pay the price. That and the reliability / lack of repairs probably pays for the fuel in itself. It must be said though, you need reasonably deep pockets to run one especially if its for daily use.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:51 am 

SAFRANEV6RXE wrote:
Don,t worry about the box,i have a low milage spare one if you need it,just worry about finding a V6 first of all!!

I can help with this by imprting one from Poland as I just did for myself.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:24 pm 

There's one here on autotrader:
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p
However, that's definitely not the right picture! Despite the glowing ad, is £1395 a little too far?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:34 pm 

I take it you're not buying it then detheridge? - Gotta be honest with you, from the description it sounds like your ideal safrane ;)

I may know someone who'll buy that actually. Our forum friend Julian has been after a minter for a long time and luckily thats a silver one (he doesn't like black!).

Edit: Almost forgot to comment on the price! To be honest, if its genuine it may not be a bad price for a car with just one owner and that low mileage. Gotta be honest though minter or not it's not a car I'd be looking at purely because I don't want another!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:16 pm 

Marcin wrote:
SAFRANEV6RXE wrote:

I can help with this by imprting one from Poland as I just did for myself.

Do they still have the rear electric seats and other gadgets?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:40 pm 

Saffles wrote:
I take it you're not buying it then detheridge? - Gotta be honest with you, from the description it sounds like your ideal safrane ;)

You're correct, it does seem ideal. Unfortunately it's way out of my price range. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:41 pm 

The autotrader car sounds interesting,but no pics which is a shame,it won,t have an electric rear seat,but i,am not sure even what version it is...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 40  Next