The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:45 am 

My heater blower died with lots of smoke yesterday. As ph2's are quite rare here in Finland i wonder if a ph1 blower motor will be a straight fit?

Does it matter if the A/C is fully automatic or not?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:10 am 

Do you have climate control on your Phase 2 or just A/C?
Most UK phase 2 had climate control and a few Phase 1.
Send me your chassis number and I can look it up and see if its the same as a Phase 1(which i think it is!)
If you get stuck i have one i could sell you spare.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:33 am 

climate control is what i mean by automatic A/C.

Luvkily I found a spare from a fellow enthusiast here in Finland, but thanks for the offer!
The original blower was a Valeo 602608 N. It has a 10-pin connector with 8 pins in use.

I should also check if there is any filter in the intake. When i took the rear cover off the motor it had dry leaves and dead moths inside...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:08 pm 

Good to hear you found one!
No UK Safrane had a pollen filter fitted as standard and I believe a lot of foreign cars didn,t either,BUT you can buy pollen filters and they are shown in the accessories brochure,might be worth fitting one,often the plug connector can be melted aswell.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:08 am 

Huh. I got the motor yesterday. What the seller didn't tell was that the connector was melted and someone had did a bad job fixing it. At first i thought there was just the molten connector there with terminals at the other end of the wires, but no. He had removed the PCB and soldered the wires straight to the pins of the female connector and then filled the connector with some sticky black stuff :shocked:

And of course it was all done by someone who should have never touched a soldering iron...

Since i didn't want to cut my good connector i removed the PCB again and swapped the 10-pin connector from my dead motor. Miraculously it started to work, well at least electrically... Turns out the bearing was bad or something like that, as the motor was shaking while speeding up and then stopped until i restarted the A/C. I oiled it as well as i could without removing the PCB again and managed to get it working somehow. It still stutters and stops sometimes when starting up and especially when i raise the speed manually too fast. I hope running it will lubricate it better but at least it works somehow while the A/C is in auto position...

While there was smoke coming from my air vents when the motor broke down, i guess there was even more of it coming from my ears yesterday while fixing it :rolleyes:
Luckily my summer vacation starts TODAY :cool: