The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:35 am 

Hi all,

Im after some help/information with a 1993 Safrane.

The problem is that the instrument panel keeps randomly cutting in and out and all of the dials just drop to the bottom. It has been to Renault and they have diagnosed it as a faulty panel. However Renault no longer supply the panel.

I have tried several places that repair instrument panels and they are unable to do it due to the age.

Has anyone else got any ideas of what i can do?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:37 pm 

Maybe check the data connection pins. The panels are made by vdo on the phase two so you might get lucky with them? Failing that, safranev6rxe may have contacts as I think he had to have his repaired a while back

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:00 am 

It's a good idea to check the connectors. If that doesn't help, open the panel and check also the solder spots on the circuit board. Start from those of the connectors and re-solder them if needed. That sounds like maybe the power to the panel is cutting out...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:09 pm 

Hi and welcome to the forum,its seems a slightly common issue with either the instrument panels warping,or peeling or not working at all except a few lights....
Getting the solders checked is a pain,there are LOADS of them and lots of diodes etc its a pain,quicker to replace the whole instrument panel,problem is finding one,then you have the issue of the mileage,what version is it,2.0/3.0 V6?
I MAY have a spare but would need to check for sure,the panel is easy to remove and I can talk you through the process if you want,you need a torx set of bits for a start but its not to difficult.
Any other issues and tell us more about your Safrane?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:33 am 

LJColeman you're off moderation now so you can post away as you like (sorry for delay)