The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:12 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:23 pm 

Bought a very nice Safrane last week. Only 53k from new, metallic black 2.5 RXE petrol. VGC all round drives and runs spot on. Everything works and even the air-con is ice cold. I have one small problem that has me stumped though. The radio does not remember its code - original Alpine unit. Then I noticed anything that has memory in the car doesn't retain it. The clock always comes on 0.00, the trip computer is always reset to zero. Has anybody come across this problem before. I've checked all fuses and had the head unit out and it all looks fine. Everything works perfectly with the ignition on. Any help would be much appreciated.

Some pics

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:44 pm 

So thats where it went! We saw that advertised online a while back - SAFRANEV6RXE was trying to acquire it but the seller messed him around a bit. How much did you buy it for?

Can't really say I've come across the memory loss problem before but seeing as each system should (in theory) have it's own memory that suggests a more global problem of some sort. I would suggest the battery but seeing as the car starts (I assume) it can't be that.

You're no longer on moderation so post away ;)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:38 am 

Welcome to the forum,and I must say a lovely looking Safrane,yes I was on the verge of buying this myself,but various events happened so I didn,t end up getting it,pleased you did and its still known to the forum!
Like to know if its as nice as it looked,is the bodywork in excellent condition or do the pics tell a different story?it certainly does look a stunning example,as for your problem that is a strange one,its as if the battery is being disconnected every time you turn the ignition of,cheak that all battery connecters are tight a suggestion of an issue around the top part of the steering area was in my mind as the wiper stalk has the trip meter etc on the end,wondered about a faultly switch,but the radio control on the column just has a long wire to the back of the stereo no connector in the column,are there any other items not working or working as they should?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:29 am 

Does it have an aftermarket immobiliser fitted that drops the supply to the memory?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:06 pm 

Hi Tony,

Good to see another Safrane in the hands of an Alpine owner. They are great cars. Done 100k miles in mine now and think they are massively under-rated cars. Quite a bit of fun to drive quickly in a French soft sofa kind of way too. Just done cambelt and a few other jobs on mine so looking forward to many more years of driving the Safrane as my daily hack. Never had the problem you mention though I'm afraid. Cheers, mellowyellow610.

Renaulttony wrote:
Bought a very nice Safrane last week. Only 53k from new, metallic black 2.5 RXE petrol. VGC all round drives and runs spot on. Everything works and even the air-con is ice cold. I have one small problem that has me stumped though. The radio does not remember its code - original Alpine unit. Then I noticed anything that has memory in the car doesn't retain it. The clock always comes on 0.00, the trip computer is always reset to zero. Has anybody come across this problem before. I've checked all fuses and had the head unit out and it all looks fine. Everything works perfectly with the ignition on. Any help would be much appreciated.

Some pics

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:44 pm 

610 any chance of a reply to my post in your power steering repair topic in the problems and fixes board please?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:17 pm 

Hi Tony,how are you getting on with the Safrane?still looks stunning in the pics!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:22 pm 

Now for sale i see.....
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C827835

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:43 am 

Does it have an aftermarket immobiliser fitted that drops the supply to the memory?
คาสิโน