The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 2:01 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:46 pm 

Great progress interesting reading about your issues and good that you have overcome them,keep up the good work.
The paintcode will be on the plate either in the door shut or on the bulkhead,it is 3 numbers and starts with a 4 if blue,7 if red and 9 if green etc can,t remember what colour your car is!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:20 pm 

There are some other topics with how to remove the foglights but I will add my thoughts having just replaced mine. If you have a look at the picture you will see the 'spring'. I found when holding the release clip at the bottom, if you get your hand underneath/behind the dummy lamp and push/wiggle it, it helps it release. They don't release easy but you can be pretty heavy handed to get it out as its a fairly tough unit.

teuski wrote:
How can i remove the foglights? The dummy lenses seem to be attached by some spring.

Where can i find the paint code on a ph2 Safrane?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:00 pm 

Hi!

Thanks for the tips!

I already managed to get the foglights off. The plastic "rails" are pretty tricky and they need to be moved in just the right direction. The first one didn't came off by the book but it helped me study the mechanism and remove the other the right way :D

In the process i managed to separate both dummy lenses and one foglight lens from their bases.

The only foglight that was kept intact wasn't just that but the glass was broken and there was a faded transparent film over the glass.
That's why i took them all off and put sem frrrrench looking yellow film over the foglights :) Nice touch with yellow headlight bulbs.

The car is now ready for the road and i will drive it to work tomorrow. Later on i have to get the AC filled (thumbs up it works) and also change the AC air filter. I have the filter but no idea where to stick it :)

I didn't look for the paint code yet, but someone mentioned earlier in this thread that it would be gris fjord or something like that. Much like that last pic, a greenish silver. There's some little rust spots i need to fix...

I havent posted any pictures of the car that were taken by me, only some old ones from the last owner. I need to get it nice and shiny first ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:27 pm 

Colour code is 920 Fjord Silver/gris

teuski wrote:
Hi!

Thanks for the tips!

I already managed to get the foglights off. The plastic "rails" are pretty tricky and they need to be moved in just the right direction. The first one didn't came off by the book but it helped me study the mechanism and remove the other the right way :D

In the process i managed to separate both dummy lenses and one foglight lens from their bases.

The only foglight that was kept intact wasn't just that but the glass was broken and there was a faded transparent film over the glass.
That's why i took them all off and put sem frrrrench looking yellow film over the foglights :) Nice touch with yellow headlight bulbs.

The car is now ready for the road and i will drive it to work tomorrow. Later on i have to get the AC filled (thumbs up it works) and also change the AC air filter. I have the filter but no idea where to stick it :)

I didn't look for the paint code yet, but someone mentioned earlier in this thread that it would be gris fjord or something like that. Much like that last pic, a greenish silver. There's some little rust spots i need to fix...

I havent posted any pictures of the car that were taken by me, only some old ones from the last owner. I need to get it nice and shiny first ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:11 am 

teuski wrote:

I'm not sure if the european versions are the same but here in the UK the ph2 safrane does not have an AC / pollen filter.

The good folks at renaultsafrane.nl would be able to assist you further with that but you'll need to go through google translate to signup on their forum as its in dutch!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:24 am 

Saffles wrote:
teuski wrote:

I'm not sure if the european versions are the same but here in the UK the ph2 safrane does not have an AC / pollen filter.

The good folks at renaultsafrane.nl would be able to assist you further with that but you'll need to go through google translate to signup on their forum as its in dutch!

Well, here's a guy with a '97 Saf on a UK forum and he found a pollen filter, or at least the place for it :)
http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/44-heating-cooling/32314-renault-safrane-pollen-filter-location.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:41 pm 

That may be so but it is not part of the UK safrane.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:44 pm 

Here's a little something before i can find time to give it a good wash and wax:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:16 pm 

And after giving it some love:

Here's a free tip; ONLY wash your car, let alone wax it if you want to find bad paint and other defects :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:25 am 

More:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next