The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:03 pm 

As far as I know the electronics are built into the unit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:56 pm 

I tried to remove the ABS unit today without success. It seems impossible to remove the beake lines without breaking them and the unit itself looks pretty bad.

My decision is to enjoy the summer without the ABS brakes and try to look for a working unit to fit in the winter with new brake lines...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:28 pm 

To undo the brake line unions you need a flare spanner instead of a normal one. They have a stronger claw that reaches round more sides and has better grip. I was skeptical of this when I first found out about flare spanners but when I tried using them they unscrewed the impossible. They also unscrewed some old brake lines I had cut through on my spare abs pump.

This is what a flare spanner looks like:

I swear to god they are pure magic - they don't look a lot different but they make a huge difference ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:13 am 

I know of those but unfortunately don't have any. But here's some pure magic too which didn't help:
http://www.knipex.com/index.php?id=1216&page=group_detail&groupID=1500

They may look like regular pliers but they really are something else :) The unions of brake lines just are so soft they easily get deformed when any tool slips...

Driving season is so close i decided not to bother with the ABS before it, the Saf isn't my only car that needs some attention :) I just bought a Citroen C5 for my wife which needs some care before it's ready for the road...

I flushed the engine by removing about 1,5l of oil, and adding 2 liters of diesel instead, ran the engine for about 20 minutes and left it overnight. This morning i ran it warm and changed the oil and filter.

Also new plugs and fuel & ail filters. There's still the seat to fix and i should also somehow make bigger the bumps on the steering wheel centre that switch off the turn signal. Maybe it's best to take the wheel off and add some epoxy or something on the bumps and then shape them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:29 am 

trust me, this spanner makes a difference. i managed to unscrew already destroyed union on my 40-year old dyane with it. with plyers or any other tool you are just going to deform it or round it off. mine was home-made from hex socket which was cut on one side, and handle was welded on the other, i think it is even better solution than this in the picture, it cant possibly slip off.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:40 pm 

teuski wrote:
But here's some pure magic too which didn't help:
http://www.knipex.com/index.php?id=1216&page=group_detail&groupID=1500

They may look like regular pliers but they really are something else :) The unions of brake lines just are so soft they easily get deformed when any tool slips...

Flare spanners don't slip - I was in a similar position to yourself and needed to undo 6 unions on our safrane. I had already rounded off two of them so bought some flare spanners which got every single union undone.

Otherwise cut the metal brake line and replace it with new pipe that is flared and got unions fitted but that is a pig of a job once the reservoir becomes empty.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:12 pm 

Kapetan Zec wrote:
i managed to unscrew already destroyed union on my 40-year old dyane with it.

You did very well with that!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:02 am 

you can see how deformed it is (under the copper grease)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:59 am 

I bought a 10/11mm flared spanner. I'm not going to try it out yet though, I don't want to risk my driving season with broken brake lines ;) And i don't have a new ABS unit yet...

Yesterday i polished the hazy headlights, looks good with little work ;)

Took less than 10min per side, all manually :) I used 3 grades of wet sandpaper, 800, 1200 and 2000. The G6 grade Farecla (Finest is G10 i guess) and finish with some polishing spray leftover from a commercial headlight restoration kit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:23 am 

How can i remove the foglights? The dummy lenses seem to be attached by some spring.

Where can i find the paint code on a ph2 Safrane?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next