The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 9:54 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:42 am 

cabin filter:
http://safrane.pl/ftpskp/Manuale/wymian ... nowego.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:36 am 

After driving it for a bit over a week now I'm still happy with the car :)

The angry german guy under my dashboard says there's a problem with the AC. "service"-text also appears on the heater control panel sometimes but i guess it only happens when it tries to turn on the AC. Could it be just that it's out of refrigerant?

In lack of real problems the parcel shelf strings are annoying me :D They won't reel all the way in and that's why they keep getting loose from the hatch. Is there something i can do or will i just be unleashing lots of flying springs on my face if i try to open the reels? Is it even possible to get at them?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:21 am 

it seems that our cars came off the same production line one after another :rolleyes: I have the same problem with my parcel shelf strings. I think there are not reels inside, but some kind of elastic rope which loses its elasticity over time (who would have thought of that?). on my parts car they are still functional, but unfortunately the shelf itself is in bad shape. I guess it can be taken apart, if I catch some time I will try to do it on my parts car.

regarding the AC, it could be lack of gas, but it could also be anything else, including the faulty AC control panel. start with the most obvious - gas and possible leaks, then check the gas pressure sensor (switch? presostat?). I also need to have mine checked since it has the same problem, fortunately on the parts car it is completely functional.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:58 am 

I used my phones speech translation app and there's also a fault message that says that the AC temperaturecswitch is faulty. Where can i locate it?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:30 am 

I got the AC filled but it still doesn't work. The service text appears immediately after it tries to start, but not when it's too cold to start the AC (i think).
Here are the faults CLIP tells me and won't erase:
Any idea where i can find those sensors? The injection ECU has a similar error about the temp sensor but i was able to erase it. The temp gauge on the dash works ok.

I also managed to change change the spoken language with CLIP. The options were french, english, german and italian. The french voice was a female one but i can understand it even less than german so i had to settle with the english gentleman. At least he sound a little more friendly than his teutonic counterpart :D Any ideas how to lower the volume a little? Add a resistor to the speaker line?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:06 pm 

The air conditioning sensor is to the side of the radiator but if you remove it you will lose all of your gas.

I would just replace the control panel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:02 pm 

Sorry for a later second reply.. i was on my phone earlier while beind nagged at by my woman...

Anyway I've had this service message previously (twice i think) and solved it simply by replacing the climate control panel. I don't know why they suddenly decide to play up but when i swapped mine for another the issue went away immediately.

We don't know what renault programmed these panels to do (or why - or what diagnostics they'd use to reset it) but I suspect the problem is one with the panel itself rather than the actual air conditioning. A point to consider is that the pump for the AC is driven off a clutch and there is a little red control wire which drives this / turns on the pump. I've no idea what voltage that needs but i would think that if you activated the pump via this control wire (just to test it) then the AC would work rather well - for testing purposes.

Thanks for the further info regarding CLIP, I was just on the phone to a renault dealer the other day about XR25 - which the safrane documents refer to. They assured me that CLIP would not work on the safrane yet I have seen an OBD reader pull codes from a safrane - r25limousine (on youtube) did it to ours so I have seen it first hand on our own safrane. It's rather strange that the safrane can communicate with 3 different systems...

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:33 am 

The CLIP works great at least with my '96 ph2 with the 2.5 Volvo engine. Even a basic OBD reader can read and erase codes and realtime data as well as any car from early 2000's :)

I'm not so sure about changing the panel straight away. Firstly, they don't grow in trees around here and secondly i have pretty clear fault messages from CLIP, not just the mysterious service text with the malfunction message. I found the refrigerant prsessure sensor and tried to clean the contacts. I didn't try it or the wires with a multimeter yet but i suppose there should be something like 5VDC between the 2 wires?

But where can i find the coolant temp sensor? I guess it's not the protruding out in the middle of the front side of the engine block? I suppose that's for oil pressure or level?
Forcing the compressor to run sounds like a god idea to try out it actually works. This morning it was 4 degrees celcius and the AC text was on the display without the service text, so i guess it only appears when the logic actually tries to turn the AC on.

My rear windows died yesterday. At first the right one was very slow and after a while it stopped going up. Then the left one stopped working too.
I took the right side button off and by trial and error managed to run the window up from a battery. The motor moved it nicely up and down.

The fuses are OK, the front ones work well and the rear window lock is off. Wiggling the wires from body to door while pressing the button doesn't help (that's what you first suspect with PSA cars).
My best guess is to look for a fault in the drivers door because both rear windows are now dead. Anyone gotany schematics for ph2 power windows?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:45 pm 

teuski wrote:
I didn't try it or the wires with a multimeter yet but i suppose there should be something like 5VDC between the 2 wires?

No idea. I was always under the impression that anything in the engine bay was 12V by default... but I'm no auto electrician.

teuski wrote:
But where can i find the coolant temp sensor? I guess it's not the protruding out in the middle of the front side of the engine block? I suppose that's for oil pressure or level?

There are two temperature sensors.. although weirdly renault call one the oil temp sensor... yet it screws into the block from memory where the coolant is and if you unscrew it, you get coolant out.. yet from this picture it looks like it screws into the head.. yet i got coolant out when i unscrewed it :shocked: :

This is the other (under the pipe and a real pain to access):

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:35 am 

there is one more, which is important for AC function. when you get this message (3d) on AC auto-diagnostic sequence, it is this sensor:

you can see some additional pictures here:
http://forum.renault-safrane.com/viewto ... f=8&t=7372

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next