The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 11:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:51 pm 

At least with PSA's system the main software Diagbox opens the right software to connect to each car, Diagbox itself for newer PSA cars and Lexia/PP2000 for older ones. I wonder if CLIP is the same and does the XR25's job too...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:58 am 

I got the ABS sensor and a new indicator yesterday and put them in place. Didn't try it yet, don't want to start the car without pre-heating in these conditions. I guess i'll warm it up tonight and take it for a spin to test the ABS.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:24 am 

Kapetan Zec wrote:
one more thing, standlicht funktioniert nicht I guess means that brake lights are not working. I have the same message in mine. I believe it has something to do with handbrake warning light blinking on the dash. that feature was for german market only (my car is also german and I hope I would be able to change the voice synth). when you start the car it should blink, first time you press the brake pedal (more precisely when you turn the brake lights on) it should turn off, and voice message should be gone, at least it is in my case. if the hand brake is activated it should be lit up permanently (i'm not 100% on that, I rarely use the hand brake).

I'd like to dig in to this. I hate to hear the message evry time i start the car.

I wonder what it actually means and how can i get rid of it. I wonder what they actually achieved with the "german" setup?

When the light switch is in 0-position, there's no lights anyhere.
When on parks, the rear lights and front parking lights are lit. Instrument cluster lights up.
Last position lights the headlights too. Front parks stay lit.
When the lights are on, my outer rear lights and the outernmost parts of the inner rear lights are on.

When i turn the ignition on with handbrake off, the handbrake light is blinking until i touch the brake pedal.
The "standlicht funktionert nicht" message comes immediately after i turn the lights fully on, no matter if i have already touched the pedal to make the handbrake light go out. No matter if the engine is running or not.

When i google "standlicht" it finds pictures of cars with parks on, so i guess it's a matter with them, not the brake lights. In that guess i suppose the handbrake light blinking is unrelated to the message.

The message stays there when pressing the REP-button even if i turn the lights back off.

edit: I googled with the german phrase and found a German forum entry considering a Laguna. With help of Google translate i managed to translate the conversation and they said it is because of the licence plate lights. And i have a dead one so i'll have to try that. I should have believed the first time :)

...and now it orks and the message is gone :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:14 pm 

We did discuss your licence plate bulb previously in relation to this error and i did back then recommend you replace that.

Saffles wrote:
As for your lighting error... no idea.. but if you have one number plate light that doesn't work you should change the bulb and see if that fixes the error message. The safrane computer is normally very good when it comes to dead bulbs.

Personally i've never had a licence plate bulb fail yet so i still have no idea if that is the cause or not.. but the safrane computer is generally very good at recognising faults and so if you have a dead licence bulb i suspect it will probably pick up on that too.

Ultimately until you replace it, you will not know and there is little point keep puzzling over it. I am unable to think of any further advice until we know if replacing the bulb works. As for why it only comes on with full lights, i suspect that is a renault quirk - in the early evening when you don't really need full beam most people can still read a licence plate - and renault may have decided to code the computer to check the licence plate only on full beam. Who knows.. lol.

As for your blinking handbrakelight and the foot pedal, thats the first i've ever known of that. I wonder if you may have a fault with your braking circuit? - maybe a servo fault or something? - I don't know. Our safrane had new brake pipes recently and the entire system dripped itself empty over 2 weeks while i was working on other things. It's now got fluid but the pedal goes straight to the floor and there is very little braking effort so with your car i very much doubt the fault would be low braking pressure or i would be seeing the blinking too. This leads me to wonder if your servo is playing up? - The only other thing i wonder about is the handbrake not releasing properly but as far as i know there is no sensor for that. I certainly never saw one while stripping a previous safrane to bits and i really did strip it to the bone.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:49 pm 

It will be the numberplate light,the computer covers these lights and if one is out you will get the message.
The country of speech is built into the computer you can,t change it(as far as i know!)when you look one up on Dialogys it asks what country the car is from.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:07 pm 

As i mentioned at the end of my last post, the message was about the licence plate light and it's now gone.

As for the blinking handbrake light, Kapetan Zec told he had the same thing and it's some german market gimmick. My car yoo is an import from Germany.

The ABS is still out. Can't do much else without a fault code. I will try disconnecting the battery overnight to see if the fault disappears. Now the ABS and SERV lights are on instantly at startup, but the error message won't come until after driving about 300m. I guess that's what it takes for the system to diagnose itself.

As for the computer language, was it Saffles that mentioned it could be possible to change the language on a ph2?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:42 pm 

teuski wrote:
As for the computer language, was it Saffles that mentioned it could be possible to change the language on a ph2?

I thought SAFRANEV6RXE said that it could be changed via xr25... I could be wrong though. I know the voice synth was sold as language dependant units (eg english, german, french etc) but i thought that was just that they'd been programmed to those languages by default - ready for use. I thought the units could be reprogrammed... but i can't guarantee 100% as i do get a few things wrong..

What language do you want yours to speak?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:47 am 

it was me who mentioned it, I have read it on .nl forum with help of google translate, so the info may be wrong. they said it was for ph2 only, but didn't specify the model year, maybe it's not available on '96? previous owner of my safrane also mentioned that you could change the language, but I was too excited about the car so I didn't listen very carefully... I believe both teuski and me want the computer to speak in english.

for the handbrake light - I have read it in some manual, so it must be correct info. if I remember correctly, the only difference is in some computer under one of the front seats, I think in that manual it is even explained how it is done.

numberplate light - makes sense now, although I haven't noticed that mine is not working, but mechanic mentioned me that he changed one bulb few weeks ago, and I haven't turned the voice synth on since. I will check it. speaking of numberplate lights, one of mine is broken - it can't be fixed to the bumper, I guess some brackets are broken.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:58 am 

handbrake light:

http://safrane.pl/ftpskp/Manuale/instru ... _1229.html

http://safrane.pl/ftpskp/Manuale/instru ... _1230.html

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:15 am 

English would be my preferred language. Is that a male voice or? The German is. I can't even imagine a french car speaking french in other than female voice :D And on the other hand french would be cool, but i can't understand it at all...
I guess i'll give my local Renault shop a call and ask what it would cost to check the ABS fault codes and try changing the language.

I also SMS'd a previous owner of my Saf and asked if i could call him about the car. The guy i bought it from had it for only a few days but the one before that had it for over 8 years. He has had the car inspected in november, and i'd like to know if the ABS was working back then. I hope he knows what might be the problem with it...

On my car the other license plate light holder was broken too. There's this black, rectangular plastic frame in the hole of the bumper and the light itself attaches to that frame. It was loose and looks like there was some broken clip. I couldn't make it stay in place so i just added a little glue.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next