The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:14 pm 

Kapetan Zec wrote:
as I previously said, 3d code in 99% of cases means failed sensor. this sensor provides information exclusively to AC unit, so unfortunately it's not the reason for non-working cooling fans.

Well the AC unit does control the fans along with the ECU (it has to cool the gas in the AC radiator) so if this sensor is at fault (which I thought was the one on the side of the engine) then it could still upset things. Our AC is currently empty too so I've no idea if that may be causing the sensor to be falsely reported as faulty.

The CD changer didn't work for many years in our safrane. It kept displaying the message ERR CD on the screen. At first I thought it was the cd changer so i changed that for a working one. No difference. Then I tried another wire between the head unit and the changer, still didn't work. Then I tried another head unit.. still no luck. So then i removed the phone kit.. then it intermittently worked before dying.. so i knew it was some sort of wiring problem. I eventually tracked it down to the RADIO pre-amp above the back seat. The +v supply wire had slightly grazed the roof and was making contact with the ground supply on the entire chassis of the car. How can a pre-amp for the radio upset a cd changer? - It shouldn't .. but it did!

But then i've always said this car is haunted.. ;)

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 4:42 am 

In the AC brochure i linked a page earlier there are 3 values for the pressure sensor, there's a pressure value between low and high to turn on the radiator fan.

There's also a guide for cleaning the Safrane evaporator with AC cleaning spray from under the car instead of through the cabin vents.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:08 am 

from what i have understood from other forums, that "3d" coolant temperature sensor is responsible only for correct functioning of the heating. if it doesn't work, the AC unit takes some predefined fixed value of the coolant and opens the heater valve earlier than it should. i still don't think it should affect the engine fans. i guess it could be checked in manuals, but unfortunately i don't have enough time for that. also, it could be some sort of black magic since it is an old french car.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:48 am 

A bit over a week ago I was working overtime and got a call from the main gate. Someone had reported that my car was smoking at the parking lot and they asked where it might be.
30 minutes later the guards called and said the car was being extinguished. A bit after that the head of the fire brigade called there had been some electric fire, they had smelled it but saw no smoke.
A heat vision camera showed a hot spot near the bulkhead but they couldn't say what side.

They were going to leave it at that and only took the battery leads off while i told them to. Luckily the car was unlocked, i don't even wnat to think how they would have opened the hood if it was locked... :D

I guess you can imagine my thoughts after those vague calls, especially when they told me the car was being extinguished :D

When i got to the car there was a bad smell of burnt electrics but everything works and there isn't any visible damage.
I've been keeping the battery disconnected when parked but drove the car for a few days after the incident. The car had been standing at the parking lot for 8 hours after they called me.
When i start the car, there's some smell left for a little while. I suspect it is the heater blower resistor. I guess it's situated inside the air duct for cooling but where can i find it? Judging by the intensity of the smell there must be some visible damage...

There is around 200-300mA current from the battery when the car is parked. I suppose that's ok for remote locking etc.
It'll be at least a week until i have time to start looking for the problem's cause.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:41 pm 

No idea about the resistor pack (I've only dismantled two of these cars - I should know!) however the blower motors are known for burning out and getting a bit smoky... but that wouldn't work with the ignition turned off.. well.. i don't think so anyway but I could be wrong.

SAFRANEV6RXE has just had to replace his. He moved house (140 miles) and drove his safrane there. It is stored in a garage and normally does just 2 miles per year to it's MOT (safety test). This is the first time he's done such a long journey.. and his blower motor burned out on the way to his new house.. and a couple of other things came up too.

Does your blower still work or is it dead? I can't really think of anything else in that area that would burn!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:48 pm 

As Saffles said my heater motor went up in smoke,the smell was bad and i got a message sayinf AC issue but i replacced it with a spare motor and all was fine,the connector was fine,not melted and a replacement motor(the 2nd one)sorted it,the original DID have leaves in it so i guess this didn,t help....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:56 am 

I took the FL wheel arch liner off to see the ABS unit to check it's number. I tried to loosen the pipes but to no avail. I have a flare spanner but it was of no use. They are stuck bad...

My unit is : Bosch 0 265 208 045 / 54 BO2 AA Y1

I have two units available:
Bosch 0 265 208 047 / 57 BOX AA Y1 from a '97 car
Bosch 0 265 208 308 / 54 BO2 AA Y1

Any suggestions which one to get? I'd go for the latter.

I also managed to get the AC compressor running for a while by replacing the pressure sensor with the resistor trick.
Adjusting the resistor started the compressor and also the fan with variable speed. Pressure pipe from the compressor got cold instantly.
When i connected the sensor that is in place it also affects the revs but doesn't activate the compressor clutch. I assume it's not completely broken...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:55 am 

Do you want me to check which unit is on my parts car?
Have you tried spraying some water on the pipe joints? Heating them?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:16 am 

I decided to buy the latter unit already. Heating the joints is my next try, after that i guess there is not other option than replacing the pipes...

Sadly he guy who sold me the ABS unit didn't have the pressure sensor. Any idea where i can find one?

At least the connector on this one, compatible with 7700417506, looks much the same. I'll have to check to be sure.
That one should be compatible with the following cars: RENAULT CLIO II, GRAND SCÉNIC II, LAGUNA II, LAGUNA Grandtour II, MEGANE II, MEGANE Coupé-Cabriolet II, MEGANE Kombi II, MEGANE Sedan II, SCÉNIC II, VEL SATIS and costs 44€.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:20 pm 

I took the sensor off. There's a valve that prevents the loss of refrigerant. Now i have it in hand to compare to others.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next