The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 2:18 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:12 pm 

Well it came to a bit of a head.. I had three sheds full of this stuff and nobody except me seemed to value it.. and our safrane has been off the road for 5 years. None of these parts had been needed by me and so regrettably I've emptied 2.5 sheds of safrane metal into a skip :cry:

I wasn't overly happy about it but it has taken a weight off my shoulders.

There were only two pieces of non safrane metal - an old workmate (seen in my restoration thread) and an old clothes dryer thing. Everything else was safrane spares or scrap.

I did buy back the spoiler from the scrap man though.. I couldn't remove it with my cheese wire cutting tool that is for windscreens so i had to give up on it moons ago. It then sat under a tree until scrapage time where I told the scrap man if he could remove it in the same condition I'd buy it back off him - despite being taken away in a skip full of metal it literally came off in the same good condition and so i honoured the deal.

Those weren't the only parts to go either. I also had to do several tip runs with old door seals, a dashboard, seat covers and foam and lots of other useful stuff that had never actually been useful. I was pretty miffed about the dashboard too as it was in pristine condition.. but i did manage to salvage the air outlets thankfully and I've also kept all the wiring looms (which are flipping heavy!).

Anyhow.. I do now have a spares selection but it is far smaller - mainly internal plastic fittings (interior lights, a few buttons that kinda thing) so I'm now unable to help with spare metal parts.

Now on a positive note, I've made progress repairing our safrane and I'm confident I can get it to an MOT test within the fortnight. I still need to refil and bleed the brakes, refix the undertray, front wheel arch liners, tidy the cabin, bodge the cooling and charge the battery but then it's pretty much good to go.

Saffles.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:24 am 

You can,t keep it all,you had some big bulky items there that no-one will ask for,i,am in the same boat and had a clearout a few months ago,i decided what was actually rare and either in mint condition,was very useful or unique to a V6 and rest got binned at work,and since then i haven,t been asked for a single part that was binned,body panels and interiors are bulky sort of in the way parts to store,just incase for a rainy day type of thing.
I have body panels but they are stored in another place out of my way!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:35 am 

Talking of your body panels... do you have a spare ph1 boot hatch? - I really think the ph2 is wrong..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:51 pm 

I,am afraid not,i don,t have a spare in my own collection.
I need a spare bonnet/tailgate,both front doors and a rear door,i have all the wings and bumpers new etc,will look into these parts though as they are getting hard to find.....