The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: My safrane
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:04 pm 

i'll let the pictures do the talk.

most of the mechanical/electrical stuff is now repaired, i only have a problem with repairing a/c.

Post subject: Re: My safrane
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:46 pm 

Looks great,interesting to see the differances to UK spec cars.
No sunroof,different cloth interior but has wood,no lamps next to the foglamps and fitted with Laguna alloys(well they are Laguna in UK)they really suit it,whats wrong with the heater?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:32 pm 

SAFRANEV6RXE wrote:
Looks great,interesting to see the differances to UK spec cars.
No sunroof,different cloth interior but has wood,no lamps next to the foglamps and fitted with Laguna alloys(well they are Laguna in UK)they really suit it,whats wrong with the heater?

What kind of cloth interior do you have in UK?
I think lamps next to foglamps are missing on my car, at least I have seen them on similar models. Black covers are on lower spec models.
Laguna 16" alloys were added by PO instead of original 15" wheels, I guess mostly for the looks.
Heater is ok, but air conditioning is not working. All of the components (compressor, condenser etc.) are in bad shape and are leaking gas. I wonder if they are still available? I would prefer to buy everything new if I can afford it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:06 pm 

Also, I haven't seen safrane interior without wood. I would like to get rid of mine.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:44 pm 

All uk spec Phase 2 Safranes had leather as standard,i think you can,t get cloth seats in a phase 2 which is strange as leather was an option in a Phase 1 including a V6,but the only option on a Phase 2 surely not everyone wanted leather interior?
I have seen foreign spec cars without the wood,keep an eye open on E-bay France/Germany as it does come up,again i think all UK phase 2 had the wood,maybe the RTE spec cars over here didn,t,but the dash wood would be wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:11 pm 

Kapetan Zec wrote:
Also, I haven't seen safrane interior without wood. I would like to get rid of mine.

I don't understand it.. everyone here dislikes the wood.. but i always liked it. Why is it so unpopular?

SAFRANEV6RXE wrote:
All uk spec Phase 2 Safranes had leather as standard,i think you can,t get cloth seats in a phase 2

I have a feeling that is wrong as i have seen a 2L ph2 with cloth seats moons ago when i got talking to the owner about it. I'm sure i also saw it in the original brochure too.. if i knew what i'd done with it i'd check lol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:35 pm 

You are right RXE had leather as standard,still strange that you didn,t get the option of cloth on the top of the range model.
I like the wood i,ve actually had my wood laquered to be like Baccara wood.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:41 pm 

SAFRANEV6RXE wrote:
You are right RXE had leather as standard,still strange that you didn,t get the option of cloth on the top of the range model.

I suppose back then leather was a status symbol - not a common thing like you see in todays cars. I expect the idea back then was that their exec customers wouldn't want cloth back then - just a theory!

SAFRANEV6RXE wrote:
I like the wood i,ve actually had my wood laquered to be like Baccara wood.

Yeah I'd like to get mine done like that too. Didn't you get the wooden panels for the gear stick area too?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:20 am 

I have seen some phase 2 models with cloth. I think they came as standard with leather but cloth was a no cost option.

I'm with Saffles in that I actually like the wood. I polished mine and it admittedly looks a lot better than the matt effect wood the car originally had.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:43 am 

"Wood" looks like a cheap plastic reproduction to me. I have read somewhere that ph1 had real wood, whilst ph2 had plastic. Nevertheless, I wouldn't mind real wood (in matt finish) if interior was beige/brown with leather seats. Like this it just stands out from typical 90s gray/black combination, and it looks like a cheap try to add some oldschool luxury touch. In my opinion wood is ok in classic Jag or Merc for example, but in everything made in 90s and later it is out of place.

Regarding the leather, I'm not a big fan of it in everyday car. It's always too cold/hot, slippery, and requires regular maintenance to keep it soft and in good nick. Also in newer cars the leather seems too thin and synthetic. From pictures I guess safrane leather is not like this. There is nice looking leather interior for sale in Poland, if anyone is interested:
http://olx.pl/oferta/fotele-skorzane-re ... 1e6b9ecd71

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next