The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: My safrane
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:34 pm 

Oh trust me.. even with the car outside it is still possible to make a mess of the car... ours has been sat there five years in various states of repair. It's been a big head ache for me and now i have to move it next week... it's going for an MOT (safety test) and then if it passes, back on the road.. and it's still in pieces - eek!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:48 am 

Luckily this is NOT my project car :rolleyes: Communal policemen (? google translate said so!) here wouldn't allow me to hold the car on public parking for so long. I'm changing flats too often anyway, so I have to keep my cars running. More or less. In a short time I should move to my mother-in-law's house :shocked: which will open possibility of building a garage and transforming her back yard into scrapyard.
Unfortunately I can't see most of the images hosted on image hosting sites (job restrictions), so I can't follow your restoration. When I get some time at home I will check it. Good luck with that anyway.

I've found that one of the wires for the instrument cluster in the dashboard is cut. However I have only ph1 electrical scheme where this slot in the connector is not used (2nd place in upper row) so I don't know what is it for. Can anybody help me with that?

Also I cleaned the cabin sensor/fan

And offending tubes:

Ofcourse I can't replace them with something aftermarket because they have different diameter ends. I'll try to repair them.

Also I took out some of the confusing wiring for ph2 stereo. It was connected to original ph1 stereo connectors, so now I have no excess wiring. I just need wiring that connects stereo to display and complete steering wheel controls.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:22 am 

I washed off the sponge (or what was left of it) and clamped everything together. Maybe it will go back on the car like this, I don't see the point in wrapping it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:33 am 

used armaflex insulating tape:

in place (after few hours of swearing, sweating, bleeding, etc.)

upper ventilation openings really work much better now, but I couldn't test the demister yet.
also, I learned that instruments don't really work without voice synthesizer control panel connected.

nobody has ph2 instrument cluster wiring diagram to help me with this one?
Kapetan Zec wrote:

I've found that one of the wires for the instrument cluster in the dashboard is cut. However I have only ph1 electrical scheme where this slot in the connector is not used (2nd place in upper row) so I don't know what is it for. Can anybody help me with that?
?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:50 pm 

I have finally installed my double din philips 22 DC 982/62, and ofcourse, it is constantly trying to eject cd or something. is there a way to fix it?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:15 pm 

Regarding the ph2 dashboard, it was made by VDO. As far as i know while they were used in the safrane exclusively, renault didn't actually design it or have any wiring diagrams for it. If one went wrong they'd simply replace it with another. SAFRANEV6RXE looked up our safrane and found it had its dashboard replaced at just 9000 miles so they are prone to problems.

Good that you got the demister working.

As for the stereo, i've no idea!

Have you tried the folks over at www.renaultsafrane.nl ? They have some good experts.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:07 pm 

I,ve only ever had one double DIN unit in fully working condition and thats in my V6 now,i,ve had about 4/5 of these units and all of them had CD issues,its a very common fault.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:27 am 

I don't think that my dashboard is faulty. I have ph1 wiring diagram for connectors, not for the actual dashboard. I guess there must be the same for ph2, but I don't have manual for ph2 and can't find it online.

It seems that there is CD stuck in my stereo. I will try to have it repaired, or at least to completely disable the CD player. I really dont have time or nerves to disassemble whole dashboard again to replace wiring, display, and break some more plastic parts. I wanted to buy another one (from quadra) but somebody destroyed it for some reason. Also, the stereo isn't quite matching its place in dashboard, it has a lot of play. Maybe I need something more from the donor car?

Here are some more pictures of quadra:

I couldn't take more, I'm not really allowed to take pictures there.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:53 pm 

Ah, i misunderstood you...

I have the wiring diagram for a ph2 but i do not know if it shows the dashboard connectors - I will have a look and get back to you...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:17 am 

I've found ph2 diagram in .nl webpage, but from what I could understand, that position is not used in ph2 connector either. Now I'm confused.

While I was reading their forum, I've found out that there were 3rd version of ventilation tubes that were plastic and that don't fall apart. Also, on ph2 the voice synthesizer language can be changed at renault dealer with diagnostic tools. I haven't found anything useful about double din stereo, except that I have concluded that I'm stupid, I should've bought the version without cd player, it has CD IN 3.5mm input where I could connect mp3 or anything.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next