The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:36 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: My safrane
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:29 am 

applied the linseed oil to the bumpers

changed the boot and hood dampers
[img width=225 height=300]http://t1.someimage.com/jGiHlgm.jpg[/img]

prepared front wing and some other parts from the parts car

found what caused the heated windscreen to delaminate

luckily the parts car also has heated screen in excellent condition (and also doesn't have a button for it on AC panel :rolleyes: )

also changed one fog light carrier and found out that my black covers next to fog lights are not black covers at all :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:20 pm 

got the steering rack refurbished. it started leaking on the same spot again even before i picked up the car from my mechanic. after repeating the process it seemed ok. front wishbones were also refurbed and oil, filters and spark plugs changed. went to vacation, after i got back PAS suddenly stoped working, there was a lot of oil around steering rack again... so, altogether i'm without the car for more than a month (and counting) because of the steering rack.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:17 am 

we had a go at fixing the air conditioning. it turned out that some wiring near the radiator has completely desintegrated, so after replacing that and refilling the gas, everything seemed to be working like it should. for one day, that is. until half of the gas vanished from the system :rolleyes: it seems the leak is somewhere inside the cabin, which leads us to evaporator which looks like this Image and it seems its available only in OEM form by Renault, which costs more than the car is worth :cry: I don't know if I should try with the one from my parts car...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:19 am 

also, it seems that i will have to change my subframe bushes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:00 pm 

Changing the heater box is not a nice job and very complex,but I,am sure you can manage it!
Well done for keeping with the car and not giving up,would be nice to know the spares one is good before swopping everything,does that car still run so you can check?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:18 am 

I already had the heater matrix changed, but didn't check the evaporator at the time. The spares one was working few months ago for sure, but I have no way of knowing if it will work for 3 weeks or 5 years after I put it in the car, thats why I would prefer to find a new valeo one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11