The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:58 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:44 pm 

Hey gang..

It was going so well. I've got the rear subframe down, been grinding off all the rust etc.. painted up with red oxide...

Go back to car and find myself a little collection of wet droplets on my soft pad thing under the car. To my utter disgust the brake pipe has given up the ghost :cry: Now that isn't such a bad thing as i was kind of expecting to be looking at that another time anyway as it was looking rather corroded but this has come at a rather bad time - which will stall my other efforts if i don't get it fixed first.

So.. now i'm looking for a brake flaring kit and pipe :rolleyes:

Now i have a problem. The brake pipe at Halfords seems to be wider than the pipe on the safrane - Is that going to be an issue? Also the packet states on the label that it is to be fitted by a qualified mechanic only. Is there any law regarding this?

Also does anyone know if the brakes are on seperate circuits?

Overall advice here would be good please! - SAFRANEV6RXE some insider intelligence would be useful here ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:37 pm 

Hmm,we only sell brake pipe by the reel and to be honest i don,t know what thickness it is,but be very careful as you will need to build the pipes from scratch and that involves new unions and the correct flaring on the ends to make 100% correct fit,i,ve seen them made at work and it involves the proper flaring tools etc and its not a straight foward easy to do job,needs to be spot on,for safety sake,get proper advise on this and be sure its totally correct and bone dry when refitted.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:49 pm 

Yeah i've got some female unions already from halfords but they look a bit big.. like the pipe. Still.. didn't cost me anything - they gve them to me free as they were in the male box and it was full of females.. the lovely parts dept wrote them off on the system and said i could have them :cool: Only snag is they had no male unions in stock :rolleyes:

Anyhow.. i've been youtubing brake flaring etc.. i'm semi confident i'd be able to do it but i'd need a few practice shots first on some dummy pipe etc.