The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:59 pm 

I,ve spent the last few evenings going through my spares and reminding myself what i have and label up a few more bits that got missed first time round.
Its amazing that i have broken about 4 Safranes Phase 1 BUT i still don,t have a few items,what i could do with is one more Phase 1(not V6)and make sure i get all the bits i don,t have as i think i have the unique V6 bits all covered,these are some of the bits i know i don,t have....
Front grille(don,t get me started on that!)
High pressure PAS pipe,although this is unique to a V6 i had an an OK one but sold it to someone who needed more than me.....
Radiator,every one in the breakers have been damaged or on there last legs.
Windows,these have all had scratches on them and most if not all are covered by insurance anyway.
Fuel pipes from tank to engine bay.
There are more parts but these are the main ones,i don,t have every part as storage is tight and i have my parts stored over 7 different places so i want to know what i have but in my mind i sort of know whats where.
I really need to find a breaker and get a few last bits but can i find one!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:41 am 

Those high pressure lines are a pain in the arse to deal with these days. I can't remember how i did it but i screwed mine up and had to get it repaired (actually i have a hunch it was a crossed thread). Anyway i got a hydraullic hose company to do it and to be blunt about it, they didn't do the best of jobs.

Luckily i broke up another safrane back in 2012 and then made sure to save the high pressure pipe from that but i've not had chance to fit it yet (or do x,y,z either lol)

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:24 am 

My recommendation would be not to presume anything is beyond fixing. Stuff like radiators can be reconditioned however bad they are. I have had some done where you would think they are well beyond repair and they come back like new. Parts going obsolete and unobtainable is common in my daily business, we just have to find solutions in replicating the parts. The most difficult stuff is things like switches which are almost impossible to remake (although again many are fixable when taken apart to see why they have failed). It's good that you guys are keeping a supply of parts though rather than seeing breakers going straight in the crusher and losing all those valuable bits.

I actually have no spares for my Safrane and it is my daily driver doing 50-60 miles a day on average. I guess I've just been really lucky with mine.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:13 pm 

If you need any parts 610 i,am sure Saffles could help you out,lucky that between us we must have the largest collection of Phase 1 and 2 spares in the country,OK there isn,t exactly a large demand for it but its there and as you rightly say valuable parts have been saved that are either difficult to replace/repair or Renault dealer only,which as you all know are getting in very short supply.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:33 pm 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Renau ... 6016.l4276

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:13 pm 

I saw that when it got listed,but its not for a V6 its for a 2.0 Phase 2.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:57 am 

Thought it looked slightly familiar.. if not quite what the 2.5 uses lol

It's the low pressure line too - the high pressure one is no longer available :(