The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 1:38 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:23 pm 

I thought I would post this up to see if there is any interest before listing on eBay.

Last summer during a period of spares buying madness I purchased an interior for a MK1 V6 Safrane, which I believe is called Tonnelier, or something like that. It is a velour (cloth) interior, very plush. Front and rear electric seats. Includes front armrest and all headrests. the drivers seat is missing the plastic trim around the electric switches and there are no heated seat switches.

I took the other half on a trip from Nottingham to Herne Bay to collect the interior one summers day last year with the promise of going to the seaside.

That goodwill has now run out as apparently we need our spare room back and so reluctantly before I am able to do anything with the interior it must go. I am offering it free to anyone who wants it and can either collect it or arrange a courier at their own cost, of course.

I have tried attaching a photo without success, so can gladly provide photos.

John

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:37 pm 

To cut a very long story short that interior used to be in my K reg V6 i bought,but it got swopped to a cloth set with ergomatic front seats and the ones you have are the originals,my friend Nick tried selling them several times with no success.
What i would say is don,t forget Phase 2 owners these are electric rear seats and with a bit of work you could make your rear seats electric in a phase 2!!! for the Free price its worth having them just for that reason....
John if you would strip the motors out of them(rears are easy)and the front motors i would buy them of you and pay the postage,but i have no room for the complete seats!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:51 pm 

Sorry to say that I'm also completely out of storage space too and I'm currently facing a ban on bringing in more 'merchandise' (safrane related or not) as we're literally full to the brim and have stuff stuffed in every possible place.

We need to setup some sort of safrane spares storage facility..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:36 pm 

We need to setup some sort of safrane spares storage facility..
Amazing you should mention this,i had to move all my panelwork today into one storage place i have as i,am fed up with bits spread out over several places,in my shed i have all my boxed up items with all the plastic boxes labbelled with what is inside,then a have a few unmarked boxes which i need to go through which i want to do this weekend,i know i have a pair of V6 heads lurking in the shed.
My loft has all the wiring looms,discs/calipers/PAS bits and my brand new parts.
Then my neighbours 2 garages have a small selection of bits,one has a gearbox/struts etc,another has seals,trim parts etc.
My dad has a few parts stored aswell but not many.
Then i have another storage room that has all 4 wings,front/rear bumpers,a rear door and a set of 4 alloys,all brand new genuine Renault items.
Storing seats is a pain as they are so big and you have to be careful with damp/damage which can be tricky.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:43 pm 

Well after some grovelling on my part, namely getting on with decorating I've been putting off, my better half is letting me keep the seats, for now. Hopefully I can sort some better storage than our spare room, pretty soon.

However, if someone can make better use of the seats than I currently am, I would still let them go.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:45 pm 

Good to hear,maybe try and get them fitted ASAP as they are rarer than the ones in your car and they don,t take long to fit,very easy,if heavy!
That way you could get rid of the original seats to free up the spare room!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:43 pm 

Yes good idea. Do you know where I could get hold of the trim panel that holds the electric switches for the drivers seat?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:16 pm 

Well I took the advice and as of now the rear seats at least are now fitted in my Safrane, just the front to do. So I will soon have full non elctric set of leather seats, instead, should anyone want them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:51 pm 

Blimey my post must of helped towards you fitting the seats!
I think your car had cloth seats anyway when new?
If you have the time to strip the leather seat covers of the seats i will have all the leather covers?
Don,t want the actual seats but the covers would be nice as a spare set,i will pay for them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:52 pm 

Forgot to say the trim panel is the same on both phase1/2 but its just finding one,sorry i don,t have a spare for sale,not 100% sure where my only one is,i will look tommorrow.