The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 8:23 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:26 am 

SAFRANEV6RXE wrote:
If you have the time to strip the leather seat covers of the seats i will have all the leather covers?

Careful with that though as it's a bugger of a job.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:55 pm 

I will have a look at the seats when I have finished removing them, I had considered taking the covers off to keep them myself, but if I don't make mess of them I will let you know.
My car did come with leather from new, I have a picture the first owner took when he picked it up from the dealer in Cardiff.

I decided to do seats as I needed to remove drivers seat anyway to get at computer beneath to solder up wires.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:00 pm 

Can you post a pic of the first owner with the car,nice bit of history to go with it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:38 pm 

I've been trying to post pics for ages and they continually fail to upload, frustrating. I must be doing something wrong!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:37 pm 

You need to upload them to postimage.org and then use the direct url to the image (not the page) and put that between the img tags here on this forum.

I've just created a new topic that shows you step by step how to do it:

**How to post PICTURES**

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:22 am 

Thanks for that, I will give it go. I'm dreadful when it comes to stuff like this. If you need code writing to retask satellites, them I'm your man, but most things to do with social media sites and forums, then I am hopeless!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:53 am 

Update on my Tonnelier interior adventures.

Well I managed to fit the rear seats into my RTE Exec, which meant installing wiring and a fuse and relay as there was no existing wiring in the Phase 2. To be honest although the seats have a lovely velour covering and actually feel more plush than the leather seats, otherwise it was a disappointing exercise. The seatbelt arrangement is completely different between the Phase1 & 2 and as I didn't have the Phase 1 seat belts, it was rather a clumsy hotpotch of buckles and belts. I attempted to fit the front seats, but again the differences between the Phases proved too much for me. They bolted in properly, but my Phase 2 seats have airbags which the Tonnellier seats do not. The big hurdle was again the incomplete nature of the wiring within my car, whilst the rear only required a few wires the front seat connections are immensely complicated and my car has no existing wiring or even blanks with the fuse box. I have driven around the with the rear seats in for a while but have now swapped back the leather seats as it was spoiling the look of the car. An enjoyable exercise which allowed me to repair some electrical connections and properly clean the interior whilst I had the seats out. However, it just hasn't worked for me. I have now given one of the front seats to a fellow enthusiast, the rest I will probably have to bin as my original problem of no storage space is still relevant.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:03 pm 

tubaboy66 wrote:
my original problem of no storage space is still relevant.

I feel your pain.. under my stairs i have two ph2 electric leather seats, another on the back seat of our every day car, just yesterday i finished dismantling another for parts (airbags, motors, gas struts, heated elements etc). Top be frank it was a nasty job but it needed doing.

I vote we use SAFRANEV6RXE's garage to store our unwanted but useable spares ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:41 pm 

No room at my inn iam bursting myself to be honest and have Safrane parts tucked away in several places myself.