The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 9:09 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:04 pm 

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll try phoning tomorrow to see if they have it in stock, fingers crossed.

Safranev6rxe, the car is a 2.2. It was the one advertised last year with only 28,000 miles on it although i've added about another 5000 since owning it so far.

I'll start a thread at some point to show it.

I'll let you know how i get on although not sure if its something they will have to order and with xmas and new year could be slower than id like.

Strange feature indeed!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:44 am 

Ring your local dealership or visit them by 10AM today and you should be O.K,stock order cutoff is 11AM so they will get it on order this morning for tommorrow,if you miss this get it ordered VOR which has a cutoff of 5PM but do say you want it tommorrow(Tues 23rd) and get them to check its in stock in the U.K,i could check for you but i,am on hols i,am afraid.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:03 pm 

Hi
How did you get on with the wiper blade?
Post a thread about the car as it was for sale for ages on lots of different sites from memory.
Think this was the car used in Lovejoy and had leather seats but cloth armrests.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:17 pm 

I'm happy to report that the wiper blade i ordered using the part number given to me fits spot on! Thanks for the help guys, all Renault parts department told me when i asked a while ago was that they no longer make the part so i'm glad i asked on here as they weren't as much help. It does say on the box it is for 92 - 98 models so may actually be the original phase 1 part.. not sure? Either way i'm surprised Renault say they don't make them any longer when clearly they do make one that at least fits.

Anyway, so so glad to have a properly working wiper blade that doesn't screech and scratch the windscreen any longer! It actually improves the driving experience ten fold.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:16 pm 

Any chance you could post the details of the blade and where to get it? - I'm sure many users here would find this useful.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:22 am 

Pleased this is sorted as they are a really hard wiper to get anywhere else.

Saffles, Wiper is from Renault and code is 77 01 040 501

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:36 am 

so now all i need is a phase 1 grille in Persian red, anyone have these in their stocks? SAFRANEV6RXE, i thik you said you have lots of phase 1 stock? Unfortunately mine is badly damaged from a minor shunt.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:00 pm 

You may be in luck as V6's is persian red and if i know him well he'll have at least three spares lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:07 pm 

Pleased you got the wiper sorted.
Amazing to say i don,t have a spare grille at all in my collection of parts.
I had one good one which i got painted Persian for my old K reg V6 RXE but that went with the car when i sold it.
They are very hard to find and often broken,be careful if you need the black lower section of the grille they are different for headlamp/non headlamp washer models.
The actual painted grille is the same though.
Try motorhog they are breaker a black N reg V6.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:30 pm 

Thanks, really highlights how rare these cars have become, certain parts are very scarce, breakers hard to come by too! I've owned lot's of old cars before, mainly fords and parts are always easy to find for them but then they were big sellers here so no real surprise. Not to worry, the car was never superficially as mint as that very long advert the seller posted might have made you think, it has wee dints and scratches all over it, i bought it to use it, not to show it although it would look nicer without a cracked grille, i can live with it.