The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:32 pm 

The rear ones i think are hidden behind the rear inner wheel arch trims,look behind those trims and higher up,thats if they are there,they are on Scenics and old Lagunas,did you remove the useless bungs at the end of the front tubes?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:14 pm 

Alpineandy wrote:
Somewhere on here it's mentioned that the sunroof has 4 drains. I've cleared the front 2 again (3rd time in 7 years) but can't see the back 2. Obviously the sunroof itself is in the way at the top but I can't work out where they exit the car either... Any ideas?

As V6RXE says they're in the rear wheel area - but I have a hunch they're not in front of the wheel but behind the arch liner from memory. I should know this considering I've just had that whole area apart for over a month but the memory seems to be defective :rolleyes:

As for the sunroof panel itself, yes there are two at the back but I suspect you'd have a very hard time finding them as they're at a very odd angle.

The stupid thing is I have a spare sunroof assembly in the garage.. hidden behind two undertrays and a spare 2.5 engine / box... and I can't get to it to take a photo for you - not easily anyway. If I get chance to have a shift about in there during the week I'll do my best...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:44 am 

Damn. That rear arch liner looks like a real pain to get out..... :(

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:24 pm 

They're certainly not easy - the stupid little screws have a habit of rusting up.

What I did strangely find though is that a solid screwdriver handle with some weight seems to undo them easier than a normal screwdriver. For the real stubbborn stuff i use my halfords impact screwdriver and without even hitting it, just the weight (no matter what angle) seems to break the damned things free. Maybe it's just a wider handle with more leverage... but i've had those before and still struggled.

The rear drivers side is not too hard but again you need to have luck on your side. The rear passenger side is a pain.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:36 pm 

Dont remove the trims,you don,t need to,they are behind them and you need to look up,i,am sure they are,i think i have a pic somewhere i will have a look now....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:44 pm 

Found it!
The pic i have is of a Safrane without the rear bumper on and it clearly shows the tube,without a bung on the end,now if you look under the car at the side at the rear look direct up towards when the fuel flap is and the boot vent(one each side)its there a white tube,the NS one i think will be more tricky with the back back etc in the way,look at the the OS one first to get an idea where it is.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:07 am 

So I have to lay down waiting for a possible eyeful of rancid water.... thanks. :D

OK, thanks. I'll check that out.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:17 pm 

More likely it'll run down your arm when you shove a flexible net curtain cord up there.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:26 pm 

Well that turned out to be really easy. The passenger side one is a smidgen more difficult to get at because of the exhaust box heat shield but it's still easy. A small dribble on my hand but as I was expecting something I moved out the way quick. Thanks guys.

Odd that they'd run the pipes all the way down there when it would be pretty easy to run them straight into the rear hatch gutter....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:40 pm 

There is nothing normal about a safrane.... ;)