The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 4:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: My 20v safrane
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:21 pm 

http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/search/use ... earch/true

Autotrader listing to start with. My own pics to follow.

Post subject: Re: My 20v safrane
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:26 pm 

Yep the car i was booked to see and buy this afternoon at 2pm!
After a days work and arranging everything including a lift and the funds etc the seller text me to say its sold.....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:39 pm 

Awkward !

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:49 pm 

VERY!!!!
Don,t be silly its not your fault and welcome to the forum,i mean it,its just i did abit of research on the car and was happy with everything and planned it all today,but thats all gone now and great that you have joined the forum.
I go near Lightwater most days aswell so its not far from me really,so come on tell us all how nice it really is and all the bits you notice need doing etc and the paperwork that came with it,the seller said it had loads with it!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:14 pm 

Firstly it did not have loads of service history. Most stopped around 2009/10.

Bad points
One spot of rust on filler flap.
o/s rear quarter light glass is now plastic.
scuff on front bumper next to n/s front wheel.
o/s rear window not working.
needs an oil change.
had stickers on for charity and one on the roof tookk the laquer with it in the shape of a heart. Lol !
Needs new pads and disc's at the front. They work ok but need doing soon.
No handbook or book pack. Real shame that !

Good bits
very straight bodywork.
New back box and centre.
Aircon working.
Interior good condition. Needs the carpet wet vaccing ( valeter by troade).
Only about 3 dash lights need replacing.

Otherwise just needs a bit of a mop of the paint and a bit of spit and polish.

I will post some pictures once i get it to work this week.

Good base for me to start !

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:43 pm 

The seller told me it was near mint,no mention of any of the bad points you list,told me it had every MOT certificate aswell??
Being a valeter i,am sure you can make it look really nice,i was once a valeter aswell,really enjoyed it and still do the od bit
No bookpack aswell thats a shame,did it come with 2 keys he said it did have them,post some pics when you can,there are a few of us on here and we can try and help as much as we can,nice one.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:39 pm 

SAFRANEV6RXE wrote:
Being a valeter i,am sure you can make it look really nice,i was once a valeter aswell,really enjoyed it and still do the od bit

Once i got ours back on the road i think your odd bit will become a hell of a lot ;) It needs your TLC!!!

As soon as kpowell posted that link i thought to myself "I'll bet thats the same car that V6 was going to see this weekend.. that he guessed would be gone before he got there" lol

Ah well, at least we have an old friend back with us!

@kp I'm a bit shocked at the faults but I've seen safranes with far worse so don't feel too bad about it. Most of them out there are deteriorating into old dogs now and to be honest, i doubt that there are any proper minters out there now.

Ours is slowly being eaten alive by rust.. I've dealt with some of it but there is still more i need to deal with. To be honest, if i had a large workshop I'd strip it right down to the chassis and rebuild the entire thing but thats not going to happen so i have to do little odd bits here and there..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:56 pm 

I am actually pleased at the condition. I have seen far worse and my last phase 2 was about the same.
It did have 2 keys and every mot but sevice history is a bit thin on the ground of late. There is nothing serious to do. Yet !
I am lucky to have a workshop with hydraulic ramps to use at work and an MOT station next door.

I look forward to picking up some useful info etc.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:59 pm 

Our safrane didn't even come with previous MOTs!

It literally came with the safrane books, radio books, the leather wallet and a few other bits of junk. Nothing else at all. The second safrane was about the same.. although there was a few bits of service history and some receipts etc. The third.. oddly the most reliable of them all despite being an old dog, had nothing - just the current MOT! I remember the seller telling me how good the emissions were on it. In fairness to him they were the lowest I've seen on any of our cars over the years (virtually bang on the minimum value) but the car was a dog! Paint was shot, alloys were knackered, engine hadn't been serviced for years and had a blocked breather (yet had incredibly low emissions lol)... Oddly it was the most reliable of the lot!

The one we have now is the first... I would say original and best but unfortunately it's suffered a bit being sat there for so long. Luckily I've had spares etc to keep the old beast in semi roadworthy order but I've lost hope so many times with it. It's actually now not far from being road worthy.. I just need to get cooling sorted, rust, plastic back into wheel arches and some other things and it will be ready to MOT.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:35 pm 

Theres plenty of useful info on the forum,just have to go through the old posts and have a read,i,am sure like me finding that a nice workshop with ramps etc is very handy.
I would guess that where you work i may actually deliver to or know,PM me with where you work if you can?
Got any pics yet.