The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:34 pm 

I know i have covered this before,but i feel i must warn all Safrane owners that the genuine Renault parts situation for Safranes is starting to look very grim.
As you would expect Renault don,t stock many parts anymore and even in France alot of what you would think would be common parts are N.A.
I would advise if you think theres something that might be DEALER only that you want for your car then enquire if you can still get it before its to late.
My example os the o/s/r door moulding,the same on every Phase 1 Safrane but not a single one in the U.K and NLS in France,i have the other 3 new,but can,t get that one.
I,am only talking about dealer only parts here,mouldings,switches,tank straps etc etc,things that the factors can,t supply.
A cheap option would be to buy a breaker,almost every cheap scrap money Safrane is worth buying for the valiable and expensive/NLS parts,but of course all the parts would mostly be as old as the car you buy.
I will be drawing up a list of short supply items or N/A items soon,so keep an eye open,it might throw up some interesting items.
One item i would say buy ASAP would be a tank strap,i find it hard to believe that a car our size only has ONE tank strap but they do,and they rust badly.
When it breaks you will be stuck,either when it happens or at MOT time,its going to be a pain,and the last thing you want is the strap N/A or backordered.
They are cheap enough and well worth buying and storing away.
I will add to this thread when i know more about the parts situation,but i,am warning you all before its to late,and i should know seeing where i work,i can see what jo public don,t..........

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:18 pm 

Looked a few parts up today and found the following
There are 3 tank straps in the U.K
Phase 2 headlamps are N/A
That i need to get a few more body panels stashed away.....
The interesting thing is that the o/s/r door,door moulding and sill moulding are all NLS.
Also all the doors and wings are the same on a Phase 1/2.
So i will look into a few body panels to join the bits i already have,of course space and money come into it!
What i have new is
Both front wings
Both rear wings
Both front/rear bumpers
O/S/R door,the N/S/R is still availiable as is the front doors,but they are back ordered,OSR door is NA so thats lucky i have one.
All door mouldings
All lights front and rear including reflector panel
All 4 alloys
What i need is N/S/R door,both front doors,3 sill mouldings(Have OSR shop soiled)the black outer door foils,bonnet,tailgate.grille.
Now some of these bits are a touch pricey,and i have to be careful with space etc.
It could be cheaper to buy a complete car and get the panels i need but after cost of stripping and getting the panels back to factory primer,its almost cheaper to buy them new.
I will keep looking and decide what to do shortly,there are a few other bits i want to look up and see if i can still get them,i just don,t want to miss out on something that i feel i should of bought before its to late.
Heres a brand new Phase 1 bonnet
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-RENAU ... 3f09f80379

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:05 pm 

My tank strap broke today. I would like to make one in stainless steel but could do with an original to copy. Do you know if any are still available from Renault and the part number?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:56 am 

Renault are showing 1 in stock in the UK
Part number 7700809310 at £16.30 plus VAT.
Hope that helps and you can get it!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:15 am 

Ordered yesterday. Is there more available in France?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:19 am 

Yep looks like it,they would go back ordered but should come in in about a week or 2.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:15 pm 

Think I might grab one too... unless 610 can make another in SS for a reasonable cost?

(You might do well here 610!!!)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:07 pm 

610 should have the last one in the country if they ordered it.
So they will go back ordered now(i have a few in my collection)but they will come in if you ordered one,just take abit longer.
Stainless is a great idea and of course it will never rust,but can they be made for the cost of a steel one at £20 all in?
If you think a few are now rusting away but they are about 18 odd years old and had no waxoyl etc when new,so not bad i guess?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:13 am 

Was delivered first thing on Monday morning so fitted it straight away. It's the second strap I've fitted so life is about 8 years (original and not waxoiled) when car is used daily and in British weather (lots of rain and salt in the grim North of England)

Regarding the stainless, I don't think it is worth it if they are still available from France and they aren't expensive. Probably best just to get a spare and waxoyl the one on the car. If there was an order for 100 of them, I'd get it drawn up and made but that isn't ever going to happen and certainly not if the original is available.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:56 am 

Well I hanmmerite'd mine - after two layers of red oxide were applied!

It came from another safrane that i broke up back in 2013 and was in a semi crumbling state then but still pretty solid. The one on the safrane we have now had completely rusted away at a corner and was just hanging loose so i put this one on and left it. Took it back off this year and the rust had got worse. When I took the rubber cover off I was shocked how many rusty bits fell off... BUT it was still solid underneath. A good wire brush session took care of that. Two layers of red oxide and then a further two of hammerite and I think it'll last.. but I'll probably order one anyway - just to be safe!

That said I need to get it on the road first...