The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:21 pm 

The previous MOT tester at the same test facility said the car needs a good run. Seeing as it failed the MOT last time I could only drive it straight back and park it off road. I'll try and take it for a good drive and see how it responds.

I must say when driving the car back after the test today the engine didn't stall once or sound funny. Probably it was a bit grumpy on the way to the test centre due to sitting around for a long time..and an early start to the day in the dark!

Battery should be fine as I make sure I keep it charged up. The car started straight away this morning.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:25 pm 

That does sound like typical behaviour other than the stalling. These lumps don't like sitting around, they have to be run - frequently otherwise they get grumpy.

I can leave ours alone for a few months and when I start it, it will start but it will sound rough and lumpy. Start it every week or every few days and it'll sound fine.

No idea but I've seen it with loads of 2.5 safranes and heard it from other owners of them too. Even on the volvo forums you'll see people mention it from time to time.

Glad you've got it back on the road.. me next with a bit of luck!