The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Wiper Arms
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:05 pm 

I'm trying to sort my Safrane out in readiness for its mot and one thing that keep bugging me is the drivers side windscreen wiper. I'd like to fit an aero blade as I have had fitted on the passenger side for the last few years, but the arm is an up swept fitting. I've given up trying to find blades that accept that type of fitting, so wonder will the arm off a Laguna fit the Safrane?

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Wiper Arms
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:39 pm 

Not a clue I'm afraid but yes the safrane driver side wiper arm is certainly an odd quirk. I've snapped two of those arms and am now on my third! I really must acquire the removal tool rather than getting violent with them...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:06 pm 

Yes I have tried more than once to remove the arms so I can clear debris from under the scuttle panel, but each time I have chickened out due to risk of breaking something. The wipers really bug me, I know they are not everyone's choice but the new style aero flat blades do a much better job and on the passenger side has world a treat.
I will keep on search for a solution.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:22 pm 

Phase 1/2 wiper arms are different,Phase 1 you can hardly lift from the screen before they touch the bonnet but i guess they changed them on a Phase 2 so you can,they kink up at a higher angle.
Don,t be to worried about removing the arms,remove the nuts and spray crack it on there,but you may need the tool that you place on the tread/arm and wind it in the remove the arms,but don,t worry we can help with bits on here it anything breaks!!!!
Its a good idea to clean the scuttle out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:04 pm 

tubaboy66 wrote:
Yes I have tried more than once to remove the arms so I can clear debris from under the scuttle panel, but each time I have chickened out due to risk of breaking something.

Wise to chicken out. I used to be able to wobble them loose but it seems as the alloys gets older its getting frail. I've snapped two of these arms now and have the remains of the second stuck on the wiper pole at the moment. I have my final (3rd) spare arm waiting to be fitted (last one from storage!!) but as of yet i can't get the stub of the old one off.

As V6 says, think i'm going to have to get the tool to prize it off..

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:53 pm 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Valeo-Wip ... 5d4ee50e6d

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:41 am 

Interesting, thanks for that. I have bought a Valeo aero blade for the Safrane already but it doesn't fit the existing arm. However, the one in the eBay listing appear to have a side mount, so I may take a punt and see what turns up.