A fair collection but still a few bits wanted 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
The odd couple of bits 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Spare bulbs! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No - I keep nothing and chance it 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4
 Post subject: Do you have spares?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:50 pm 

Hey gang

I was outside today going through my sheds looking for a sponge to go under my rear seats (the only one had absorbed oil from a spill years ago and started to stink again in the heat). Anyway eventually after emptying two sheds I found it! Got it fitted and then had to start storing the stock pile again..

I have 2.5 sheds worth of car parts, 4 doors behind the sheeds, a bonnet down the side of another, a ton of stuff under the bed, in the cupboards, in the boot, the front passenger footwell, bumpers, subframes, shocks... the list is endless (as my missus will tell you!)

I know SAFRANEV6RXE has a few hundred garages full of dismembered safranes and I notice many safranes up for sale these days tend to come with a few spares too. I've also known a few other safrane drivers who admit to stockpiling for their beloved safrane (one admitting to filling his garage and loft!). This got me wondering what the rest of you are like? Do you keep spares? Do you have a large collection or do you prefer to buy from Renault or scrap yards when you need bits?

Think I better buy a lorry or bus as my next shed.. ;)

Post subject: Re: Do you have spares?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:20 am 

Haven't got any spares for the Safrane.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:13 pm 

Have a guess where my vote went!!!!
Over the years i,ve bought or visited several V6s and stripped them down,either a good thorough going over or a quick remove the important parts strip
I have parts at my Dads static home,in my shed(lots)in my loft,2 of my neighbours garages and i still have new bumpers/wings/alloys at one of my work branches,a pair of rear wings at another branch and i,am sure theres more but i forget,but i know what i have as its all labelled or stored together.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:01 am 

I don't have a stash of spares more the pity, but having owned four Safranes over a fifteen year period I have accumulated the odd thing here and there. But when I think of what I have sold on in the past I could weep. Fell sets of wheels, interiors, engine, gearbox. Oh well!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:22 am 

I have gone OTT to be honest,but its a case of the parts come up cheap or i get offered one i can,t turn it done.
Buying a cheap spares car is worth doing in the long run for the vital parts and it wouuld pay in the long run,but of course not everyone has the space or time to dtore parts,but i think if you can get a cheap Safrane its worth buying just for a few crates of bits light heater motors,window regs,switche etc etc,hardly any scrapyard has a Safrane now and charge a fair bit for anything,you can get a Phase 2 for cheapish money now.
Phase 1s are getting abit tricky to find though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:23 pm 

tubaboy66 wrote:
Fell sets of wheels, interiors, engine, gearbox. Oh well!

Heh I'm like that. I have 7 alloys stacked up against the shed, another 4 inside another shed (plus spare wheels), an engine and box sat on a pallet under a (failing) plastic sheet (though having broke up another engine lsat year I'm not worried - it was line new inside) and the rest. To think of it another way, I have two fairly complete safranes minus their chasis ;)

The one thing I am mega upset about is my missus refusing to let me keep the roof liner. The one in the safrane has gone slightly mouldy at the back and the one I had was MINT. She got her knickers in a twist.. and well it ended up in the back of the dustcart. I mean come on.. I have two steering columns stshed under the bed.. whats the problem with a roof liner? :rolleyes: