The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Anyone ever had..
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:52 pm 

their radiator fans decide to die?

I've had this problem for ages and it was intermittent previously but now they show no signs of life at all. Until I can get them working I can't move forward with the car and get it MOT'd etc.

Tried my spare radiator panel from another safrane, hooked it in behind the passenger headlight, got the car up to temp and still nothing. Turned off the ignition and something strange happened - they activated for about 5 seconds before turning off again - on safranes they only ever activate with the ignition on so that was odd.

Tried again for the rest of the day to get them going again and nothing. Tried manually earthing the relay for the fast mode and even that refused to work - apparently complete circuits do not work anymore :rolleyes:

Tried replacing the sensor above the gear box, no difference. The only one I've not replaced (cos I can't get at it) is the one under the coolant hose at the top of the engine to the side of the manifold.

Due to the overt engineered 3 relays setup in the rad panel you can't just hook up a + and - supply to get them going either. It has to have the main relay sunk to ground in order to activate the other relays which do odd things. The spare panel doesn't want to show life, neither does the one in the car. Very annoying.