The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 4:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Doobies Saffy...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:08 pm 

Took the Saffy to have her first mot in my hands and was a little concerned as you tend to be with a new car but i didnt need to be worried as the only things it failed on were a stop light bulb and the exhaust back box. Happy days.... So once the new exhaust is on it will be another years motoring for me touch wood not bad for a £300 car :)
On a similar vein my insurance was also up for renewal and at under £250 i thought that was good too... bearing in mind i had a prang last year. The cheapest quote was just over £200 but the excess was too high for my liking so i paid a bit more for a better policy with more benefits
I am also a couple of weeks into a "real" job after a year of looking which i am enjoying and the saffy seems to also be enjoying the routine of daily use as she has not misbehaved at all.
All in all a good week..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:27 am 

These cars seem to sail through MOTs quite well for some reason. I did have one fail once on a rear brake caliper but that was it. I replaced that and it passed.

Great to hear you're still getting on with your safrane, they're a bit old but they still have a lot to offer and are still very impressive considering the age!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:17 pm 

Hmmm £80 for a proper shaped back box and here on Monday.... nice one Eurocarparts i am impressed.... hope the old one comes off easy... wd40 already employed....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:09 am 

Doobie wrote:
nice one Eurocarparts i am impressed....

I'm surprised you got anything from them lol. Moons ago they didn't stock any safrane parts :shocked:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:01 am 

Hi Doobie,

I still hang around here (I do miss the old girl!), glad the MOT was painless, enjoy a year of 'wafting'.

Michael

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:25 pm 

I will still love driving home from work by the time i am home i am chilled out.....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:43 pm 

Old exhaust pretty much fell off when unbolted to reveal a bit of sheet steel welded to the end of the centre section, probably to cover the corroded end of the back box rather than buying a new one for the last mot.... Eventually managed to wibble the sheet off and fit the new back box ok but the welding had left a couple of pinholes in the pipe so after a quick application of exhaust bandage and a new bulb it was back to the MOT station to collect the pass certificate.... :)
Strangely since the mot on Friday i have been getting a double beep on locking and a single one on unlocking something it has not done before but since it came back from the mot retest it has stopped again. Is there an on off switch for this or is it just the car having a laugh with me again.... Looking forward to another year of luxury motoring ....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:20 pm 

Doobie wrote:
Old exhaust pretty much fell off when unbolted to reveal a bit of sheet steel welded to the end of the centre section

I'm not the only one to do that then! Those were the days.. tin can, fire gum and some metal cable ties lol

Doobie wrote:
Strangely since the mot on Friday i have been getting a double beep on locking and a single one on unlocking something it has not done before but since it came back from the mot retest it has stopped again. Is there an on off switch for this

No switch, you have a siren that has failing NiCad batteries internally. They're all supposed to beep twice when locking and once when unlocking but by the time they reach 10 years old, have had a few flat batteries causing the sirens to discharge theirs and then been recharged etc.. well they simply fail to recharge again. I've got one floating around that I stipped apart and intended to replace the nicards on but had trouble identifying one corroded component on the PCB.

The one on our safrane used to beep and yet when you upset the alarm it would beep for 30 seconds before the siren had enough power to start screaming. Now it does nothing after being sat out there for so long with no battery connected. I'll fix it.. one day.. :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:16 pm 

I have been doing a few more miles recently so against my better judgement have had to bite the bullet and buy a diesel car, this means that the Safrane will need to be sold. Thought i would offer it here first. Just looking to get back what it has cost me. so £350ono so if anyone is interested pm me for more details.....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:46 am 

Sad to see you selling up! If you ever get another your account here will still be active ;)

Anyhow I'm not in the market for another, detheridge ages ago was looking for one but we've not seen him for ages.

Great price though.. times like this I could kick myself for being skint... lol

All the best to you Doobie :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next