The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 11:58 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Best colour?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:08 pm 

What do you think is a Safranes best colour?
They do look smart in silver,and red but not a lover of black or blue.
You could get a Phase 1 in brown with brown leather...

Post subject: Re: Best colour?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:24 pm 

Black, definately black.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:30 am 

Well, mines blue so obviously blue is the best colour.
Actually, given the low numbers on the roads, all colours in a Safrane look great!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:27 pm 

Mine's Fjord silver (more silver with a green tint). Not my fave colour if I'm honest but it's nice enough. Looks smart when it's polished up. I don't really see the car from outside though and the main thing for me is that it is comfortable, goes well and does everything I require from it. I've just driven 900 miles from Cheshire to Aberdeen then to Inverness and then back to Cheshire in 3 days (taking in all sorts of roads at decent speeds including driving back over the Highlands). I'm more impressed with the car than ever. It didn't miss a beat and I honestly can't think of anything else I would rather have taken. Cost £110 to fuel that mileage too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:36 pm 

Inverness Harbour

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:44 pm 

Thats great,we have had a few members say they have done a fair few miles recently with no issues which is a good thing.
Nice pic aswell,i like Fjord silver i think its a really nice colour suits a phase 2.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:09 pm 

I drive my car daily and do 300-400 miles a week usually. In terms of reliability, I have had less bother with this car than anything else. That's why I've had it for 11 years now. Apart from the power steering pipe and a heater matrix, it has had nothing other than service bits and cambelts (had 3 changes now). Stupidly underrated car and really just built for me. I hate (with a passion) all these crap new Audi's, BMW's and Mercs. I'm yet to sit in anything that even gets close to the comfort of the Safrane. I loved the R25's but the Safrane moved the game on whilst keeping the best bits of the 25. I dread having to replace this car, hopefully I won't have to for a long time yet!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:10 pm 

Safrane610 wrote:
Stupidly underrated car and really just built for me. I hate (with a passion) all these crap new Audi's, BMW's and Mercs. I'm yet to sit in anything that even gets close to the comfort of the Safrane.
<snip>
I dread having to replace this car, hopefully I won't have to for a long time yet!

Gotta hand it to that man, he loves his saff! I couldn't agree with you more to be honest. Although ours is off the road, it was a great runner before I pulled the engine out (thats the safranes weak point and it invites nothing but trouble after). It's also the reason it's still on the drive. Although it's dead I just can't bring myself to replace it with anything else. I'd prefer to just leave it there knowing that one day I'll fix it.

I met another safrane driver in 2010 outside Tescos who said the same about the comfort and the badge snobbery, it seems to be the same with all safrane drivers. Gotta hand it to renault, when they want to make an exceptional car they really can do an excellent job.

My neighbour is an Audi and VW freak. God I really detest them. Sure they've got the latest stereo, dashboard and cup holders but they're still not a patch on the safrane and they're damn uncomfortable too. Last time I sat in a VW the seats were like wooden planks :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:31 pm 

Mine is Iceberg Silver which is a good colour (doesn't show the dirt too much and looks good when clean) but it's a bit bland.
I really like the burgundy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:45 am 

Mine is persian red but i wish it was black or silver.