The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: SPOTTED
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:20 pm 

Spotted a Safrane today. Blue R Reg at the Tatton Classic show transporting the security guards. Most exciting spot of the day and looked really nice driving past. Can't remember the last time I saw a Safrane other than my own.

Post subject: Re: SPOTTED
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:29 pm 

I used to see a few around when I was working. I knew pretty much every safrane in the county lol (likewise a few of them knew me too!). I pulled up next to one guy at the traffic lights once we had a quick chat and he said "I've been looking for you, you're the guy with two of them aren't you? Got any spares I can have?" lol.

The blue ones do look nice it must be said. The green ones I've never been keen on though. Never seen a white one but I know there is a black one floating round here as my missus saw it last summer at sainsburys. The red ones look nice too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:08 am 

Well, mines blue & R reg but I have never been to Tatton so it wasn't me!
If you ever see one in Hampshire, then it could be me (I am also often seen driving from Southampton to Leeds and back in it).

I've never seen one on the road as yet.

Michael

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:31 pm 

mmarks wrote:
I've never seen one on the road as yet.

Oh I have!

I went over a roundabout on my way to work one day and just as I pulled onto the roundabout another 2.5 like mine (same colour) came round from the other side right behind me and followed me about a mile along the road - and yes we both waved at each other!

Another night I was taking some inlaws (to be) to stanstead airport.. 2am on a A road and I get a set of headlights in my rear view mirror following me. Now I found this a bit off and a little concerning but kept going thinking "it's late, he's up my arse, the road is clear, why isn't he overtaking?". A few miles later he decided to do just that. Pulled up level with my window and matched my speed - at this point I thought it was an assasin lol. He put his foot down, pulled in front of me.. then I realised why he'd been hanging around - another safrane at 2am :shocked: What are the odds? :cool: He definitely wanted me to see him lol.

In my last job I spent quite a bit of time on the road and saw a couple floating around quite a posh area.. both green (possibly the same car actually).

Then there was one floating around here that used to be owned by the guy who made the ebay video - I'd followed it a few times on my way to work and then it turns out it was once my mates lol.

Stayed in Bath a few years ago for a few days.. needless to say I ended up pulling up next to one and waving there too lol :cool:

Those are just the ones I can remember but there have been so many more lol. I have quite a sharp eye for the things lol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:05 pm 

My first spot since the one at the start of this thread, S Reg Red Safrane on the M53 heading towards Chester. I slowed as I was going past and owner spotted me after I had pulled ahead and gave me a wave. Nice to see another.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:41 pm 

Safrane610 wrote:
owner spotted me after I had pulled ahead and gave me a wave.

Yup, I've done that many times passing other safranes on the road. We're quite a social bunch unlike the beemer and merc drivers who can drive past ignoring each other lol.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:53 pm 

Exact twin of my car today. R477 *** Fjord Silver Safrane spotted in Wallasey. Typically, I was driving the Lotus. Never seen another one in the same colour as mine actually on the road.