The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:18 pm 

Welcome to the forum.
We have a nice amount of Safrane knowledge on here and i,am sure we can help,the Safrane is a rare car in the U.K,so few remain now after the last one being sold about 15 years ago.
Right on with the questions,and they are good ones...
UK early Phase1 cars had gloveboxes but they were removed in 95 when they added a passengers airbag then they have the side pocket on the centre console for the bookpack etc.
Getting the rear doors open is going to be a nightmare to be honest,i would remove the rear seat base complete then take it from they,you need the door card of with the door shut,difficult one.
Foreign spec cars are very different to UK cars,now as far as i know auto dip was only on Auto cars or cars with the confort pack EG electric seats etc.
The voice setup is all built into the computer which is under the seat,it can be changed but you need to get one from the country you want it to speak in.
Tailgates are changeable i think as a Phase 2 shell is actually a Phase 1 shell!!!
Xenon headlamps are much hotter but again ,not on UK cars,and don,t forget you would need headlamp washers i think.
You can fit a double DIN radio but i would use a spare centre console to play with if you can find one,if you are thinking about fitting a double DIN from a V6 then be careful the CD players very rarely work!
The car looks great,it has Laguna alloys fitted that really suit it.
Post some pics when you can about the car,looks really nice,welcome.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:14 am 

Hi and greetings from Finland!

As a new Safrane owner i just signed up and wrote a lengthy post about my new Saf and it's problems. Now i can't see the post anywhere. I hope there's some kind of moderation for new users and it will appear soon, otherwise i'll have to start over :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:01 am 

Hi

Yes sorry we do have moderation turned on - we used to have a lot of spam! There are two of us who are moderators here - Safrane610 and me but we are both busy and it's christmas so even busier!

I've approved your posts and removed you from moderation so you can now post as a normal user :)

Saffles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:44 am 

Hi from Poland!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:38 pm 

Hello and welcome!

(Czesc!)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:44 pm 

Hello to all Safrane enthusiasts,
I have just bought a 2.0 RT Auto PHASE 1.
It is the one recently advertised on Ebay.
So far, I have taken a couple of journeys out and am impressed. Finished in silver, with a lovely blue interior it is smooth, soft and comfy!
There are several things that could be improved condition wise but it has 10 months mot so nothing immediately HAS to be done. This is a 3rd car so will hopefully have an easy life for a while - it deserves it.
There are not many of these left on the road, does anyone know how many phase 1 cars exist? Mine is quite early, registered May 1993. Interestingly it has no sun roof unlike the spec stated in the literature I have seen?
Anyway, HELLO to all, and I look forward to enjoying this lovely car.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:30 pm 

Hi!

Welcome aboard K458KRX! I've removed you from the newly registered group so you can post away without waiting for your posts to be approved ;)

We're quite a small group as there aren't many safranes left now and we've already lost a few members since this forum was put online around 3-4 years back however we'll always try to help where we can.

Also excuse the state of the main site (or lack of it) - i've been working on it part time since before 2010 :rolleyes: but i'm making progress with it slowly... think i made it way more complicated than it needed to be really... live n learn lol

Saffles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:39 pm 

Thanks for the welcome Saffles. Its down to the few remaining enthusiasts to keep these cars going now, numbers are really low but I imagine a forum like this is now the invaluable resource.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:00 pm 

Welcome to the forum,nice of you to join and well done on saving the silver RT that was on ebay for a while,and Gumtree aswell I think!Take it its this one?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Safra ... SwiONYMclo
Phase 1 was launched on Feb 5th 1993 in the UK and you could only buy an RT or V6 RXE(what I have)spec
Your car was registered May 93 but I think it would of been built around late March early April 93 as it has white fog lamps(early had yellow)and a 12v engine not the 8v at launch,also no sunroof which was an early feature aswell but became standard from about March/April 93.Airbag was standard from Jan 94,the rear spoiler isn,t its original or its wheeltrims,but you might want to source them in the future,a K reg looks great,you could still get a 25 on a K reg.
Whats your future plans for it?What brochures do you have?if you have a Safrane phase 1 brochure it will be either the Nov 92 large format,April 93(same but with revised items)Jan 94 or the last which is July 95,but you may have the 2.2 Executive fold out one?
Amazing you ask about the how many figures as the latest figures have just been released today!!
There appears to be about 45 Phase 1 left on the road of all versions,not a lot......
Again welcome to the forum,we are here(not many of us I know!)if you need help,also if you collect brochures,Safrane ones)drop me a line I have loads spares I can offer...