The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: How many left
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:18 am 

This is a very interesting site which list all the roadworthy and SORN cars in the U.K,i have been in contact with the site owner a few times who is very helpful and knows his stuff,he states that SORN listing can be a bit incorrect as people scrap cars but still declare them SORN even though they have been destroyed,but the roadworthy listings should be correct,although a few stray entries are listed,most of the time its a date issue eg a 2006 Safrane RXE etc,there is the odd glitch,but on the whole its interesting and worrying reading,updated 4 times a year,its at the moment showing Q3 2012(upto Sept 2012)Q4 figures are due in about 2 weeks.
On tha personal note the V6 Safrane listings are terrible,very low now and it almost has never gone UP the next quarter,it either stays the same or drops...
The Questor is only listed as 1 in the U.K on the road,this as Saffles with confirm IS wrong but its not the sites fault,Questors are converted 2.5 RXE so the V5 doesn,t list them as a Questor,except 1!!!! Well worth a look.
www.howmanyleft.co.uk

Post subject: Re: How many left
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:24 pm 

The DVLA shot the previous and current government in the foot when they did away with the box on the V5 that let you declare scrapping the car yourself. It will only be a matter of time now before someone somewhere realises that the DVLA is keeping inaccurate data on old cars and that the government have been using this as an excuse to fiddle emissions, road tax, car sales etc.

As for scrapping cars yourself, the DVLA say that you can still do it but you'll have to continue declaring SORN on the vehicle pretty much for life. This is actually wrong. I've made a couple of FOI (Freedom Of Information) requests to them about this and it turns out you can still declare your car scrapped. There is a catch.. you have to do so in writing and declare that you no longer have the vehicle due to dismantling. They will remove you as the registered keeper of the vehicle which removes liability for it from you but they will not record the vehicle as destroyed - even though they know it has been. In essence, yes you can still scrap your car but they don't WANT to record scrapped vehicles because of political motives.

It's a ticking time bomb this one.. I suspect someone somewhere makes a lot of money selling logbooks :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:12 pm 

or get the shell to a scrappy that will issue a cert of destruction.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:34 pm 

Yeah you could do that but if you have one thats just a chassis and won't roll (like me) thats a little difficult. I'm still mulling over cutting it up with the grinder when I'm well enough but thats a way off yet..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:38 pm 

Q1 2013 Figures have just been posted,of course they are still dropping.
Asked about the V6 RXE as its listed as 4 on the road but when you go into it it list 6,but on the years it shows 2 for 93 and 2 for 94 and the SORN has gone UP!
So how does it list 6 roadworthy,think that's wrong,but have asked.
Its getting very grim for the Safrane now,give it a year or so...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:18 pm 

well theres one less rte exec 2l ph2 on the road. Its now tin cans

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:39 pm 

Make that 2,the RTE I broke a week ago has been crushed aswell.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:51 am 

At the end of 2012 there was 620 Safranes taxed,as of Q1 2013 there are 563 a drop of 57 in 3 months,and i guess its only going to go one way,down.
It makes interesting reading,but nice to find a mint 2.5 RXE theres just over 200 odd of these left.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:36 pm 

Q2 2013 figures are released,again another drop in survivors.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:08 pm 

1 less 2.5 than the official numbers to. I wrote to DVLA telling them I no longer have mine due to breaking (you can't self declare breaking anymore so you can now only declare non-ownership if you break yourself). Whatever those numbers show, they're optimistic sadly.

Anyone worrying about that shouldn't - we still have another safrane ;)