The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 3:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Phase 1 U.K brochures
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:12 pm 

Here is a list of U.K brochures,these are the normal Renault releases,none are anything special,i.e pre-release,presspacks etc,just the standard brochures that you could of picked up at the time in the showrooms.
Firstly this release,the first U.K brochure for the dealerships,this was a Nov 92 release which is actually quite rare,then there was a revised edition in March 93 which included different engine sizes for the RT and the edition of a glass electric sunroof(never fitted to very early Phase 1s)the original packaging for this brochure is a light grey envelope with safrane writing and a blank section for name/address of person who requested the brochure through the post.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Safra ... 460382237c

Second release was issued in Jan 94 and a very slightly revised copy in June 94,main items covered include airbags etc.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Safra ... 519f3275cb

The last brochure was released in July 95,the V6 was no longer called a V6 RXE but a V6i and the list of standard goodies had become a lot less..
No revised copies where done it appears.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/54492-Renault ... 35bb5603dc

Then theres the original launch material which was all in a publicity release know as A PRIVATE VIEW,this was a large campaign by Renault which included hardback book,snazzy card folder items with individual cards and specs,car magazine adverts,showroom posters,TV ads and even adverts in the Daily telegraph,theres lots of this stuff,i have the dates the ads appeared in the D/T but have yet to actually buy the newspapers as they are so expensive,i need to find a someone selling them at sensible prices....not £40 a newspaper!

Then theres the serious stuff to collect which is the Renault range items,individual Safrane items which are not brochures,but teasers or invitations to viewings or launch parties.
Presspacks and Fleet items,many of these include nice info,glossy folders,B/W press pics and in some cases negatives.
The Renault magazine of the time which would be Renault Contact,these are really difficult to find.
A promotional video was done aswell,given to the owner of there new Safrane
There was tons of stuff to collect that promoted the car,i have been collecting all this stuff for over 5 years now and still find the odd item i don,t have but mainly from France or German.
The foreign stuff is mindblowing,the English stuff is actually easy to collect really,but the non English stuff is amazing,this is a different story and very complicated as to whats over there and much to long to explain,but i seem to almost have everything from over there,but theres always to odd item that turns up,lucky for me its slowing down,brochures get expensive even for a Safrane!