The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 4:17 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Any ideas?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:40 pm 

Hey folks

So i have this problem.. the centre console where the sat nag is fitted is scratched and has a few grubby marks etc. The surface is like a grey fake leather however where I've had the stereo in and out repeatedly trying to get the CD changer working, it's scratched through it and now shows the plastic underneath :rolleyes:

Finding another one of these is going to be virtually impossible and I'm pretty sure SAFRANEV6RXE says they're no longer available too.

Anyone got any ideas how i can get around this?

Post subject: Re: Any ideas?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:16 pm 

I have the same problem with mine. I've yet to do anything about it, but a mate who works for Dulux decorator centre says there is a rubberised paint available that will do the job quite nicely. I'll try to find out what he is recommending and pass on.

Post subject: Re: Any ideas?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:40 pm 

What a coincidence! I've spoken to SAFRANEV6RXE on the phone today (after having been out there trying to refit it all etc) who says they are no longer available.

Now from memory the safellite version has different plastics inside than the normal RXE version so even if i find one from a breaker i'm not sure how i'd refit the sat nag unless i start hacking the plastic to bits.

I'm mulling over wrapping it in that plastic wrap stuff but thats going to be a pig of a job to do especially for the tray by the handbrake.

Maybe i should just sand it all down and paint it...