The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: New chrome grille
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:36 pm 

Interesting.. on mine there are clips behind the plastic holding the grille in place that you simply can't access from the outside. Anyway you've done a good job with your car it certainly looks smarter now! I like the larger grille though it gives the car a slightly meaner though I must admit when I rebuilt it without the chrome it just didn't look right.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:49 pm 

I,ve never understood why the Safrane doesn,t have a pollen filter,it would stop all the crap going straight into the motor,they show it on the dialogys but you can,t actually choose it,strange.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:31 pm 

On the ph2 it has a kind of felt filter under the plastic lid under the scuttle but there is no pollen filter as such. When I bought my last safrane the guy I bought it from chucked in some spare alloys, an aerial and a pollen filter. He said to me he'd not been able to change the filter as he couldn't find where it was. I told him there isn't one and he suddenly realised he'd been had by the place that sold it to him. I think I still have it somewhere lol (though no promises). Maybe it fits a ph1? Does the ph1 use pollen filters?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:21 pm 

Well I found that filter, now all I need to know is if it's a ph1 filter or just something someone sold to the last owner of my car to make a few quid on the "yeah this is the one" basis.

If you can let me know if your V6 uses one I'll send you a pic of this one. If it fits you're welcome to it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:59 pm 

Hi
Sorry for late reply been very busy but as far as i remember no Safrane ever had a pollen filter although it shows in in the pictures it doesn,t apply to the car so i don,t know the part number but i can try and find it!!
Is it a genuine Renault filter??

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:02 pm 

No it's not a genuine renault one. The last owner of my car said he bought it thinking it might need changing so I suspect the place he bought it just thought he was a mug lol. Anyway I wasn't sure of the ph1 uses one or not but if you can find one on it you're more than welcome to this one (if it is a safrane one that is).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:22 am 

Well having looked up the part number, it seems that this is a safrane filter so they must have been supplying them to UK distributors thinking that they would sell here.

I don't do french so it won't be on ebay.fr lol. No idea what to do with this now as the sites I found the filter on only list it as a safrane filter which kinda looks like it's no good for any other car :(

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:13 pm 

Pollen filter was fitted only to top spec safranes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:47 pm 

Does yours have it Marcin? - I thought it was all european safranes?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:23 pm 

Mine is E5 (baccara) equip. version and I have got it. Usually is only blank plastic mesh. This will help you after translating a bit: http://forum.safrane.pl/viewtopic.php?p=10778&highlight=#10778