The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:44 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:59 pm 

With a small collection of old pallets and some spare safrane parts left over sat about doing nowt, I decided to do this today:

Electricals don't work (no computers for it) but I will probably hack out the memory computer and just hotwire the switches to work like the passenger seat (which I will be working on next!). For some odd reason, one track / rail is about 2 inches higher than the other one hence the extra lengths of wood to make the chair level. I might need to find some better castor wheels in the future but for the time being it seems pretty solid as it is. It also moves around quite easily.

Damn comfy for a computer chair!

Incidentally, I found out that the chairs are not made by Renault. They are made by faure who design and make many chairs, tracks and other bits for many cars.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:34 am 

the transmission/exhaust tunnel side is always higher on seats.

Whats with the red rocker switch?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:48 am 

The switch was fitted by the last owner of that car (he had them all over the place). It basically allowed him to turn off the power to the seat so that it wouldn't move while driving. PITA to be honest as it used to get nudged by my leg sometimes. It also had another adverse effect of loosing the memory positions (althought all 3 safranes have done that periodically anyway).

When I broke that car I originally gave the seats away to the bloke that made the safrane on ebay video thats on youtube. Unfortunately his car went kerput one day so he offered me his rear leccy seats plus the front ones back as he wasn't able to get his safrane running again and said he wasn't going to replace it and didn't want the seats wasted. The two front seats were sat in the back of saf3 for months as i didn' get around to doing anything with them until recently. Seeing as i don't have a car to fit them into it makes sense to use them somehow!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:09 pm 

are they know for moving whilst driving? Or was the switches being bumped by him?

They would be nice in my one. You should buy it then you can fit them into it...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:40 pm 

Lol I have two safranes / headaches at the moment I don't need another (though if it was a 2.5 black with heated windscreen I could be tempted).

I've only ever had a seat adjust once or twice whilst moving and i figured I must have hit the buttons somehow by accident. The old timer that had the dismantled safrane before me had a switch in the boot to turn the light off (must have been a bootsaler) and a foot switch for the headlights. When clicked on full beam would turn on and dipped beam would turn off which was weird. Click again and vice-versa. I tracked down his mechanic who told me that he had no idea why the bloke did this but he was insistent on it and had it done to every car he had. Oddly he never knew where / who made this mod for the owner. PITA the day we bought it as i couldn't get the damned headlights working lol. Also very weird when i figured it out, to see the dipped beams turning off.. you don't appreciate them when using full beam until they don't work!