The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Some common problems
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:06 am 

I didn't expect anyone to respond that quickly. I just needed to walk away from it and get the frustration of none of it going right and my lack of manual dexterity, off my chest.
Since I've manually moved the solenoid a few times it's decided that it will work sometimes..... but not every time.
I'll get some silicon lube on it in the morning and see how it goes for a week or so before I screw the panels back on.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:46 am 

Alpineandy wrote:
I didn't expect anyone to respond that quickly. I just needed to walk away from it and get the frustration of none of it going right and my lack of manual dexterity, off my chest.

Oh yeah I do that sometimes too. The number of times i said i was scrapping ours, advertised it free tried to get it crushed etc... it's still sat on the drive so clearly a sign i was meant to plod on with it :rolleyes: Its slowly getting there..

Alpineandy wrote:
Since I've manually moved the solenoid a few times it's decided that it will work sometimes.....

I have a rear driver side door thats like that. The odd thing being that if i turn the car round so its slightly sloped the other way it then starts working. I wonder if i have a small leak somewhere thats shorting some wires slightly. I've not had chance to investigate that any further but i do have a spare door and seeing as the current one has a big scratch i may be tempted just to swap them over.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:58 pm 

My passenger door goes through the odd phase of not locking on the key fob but a couple of lock/unlocks on the overhead button seems to wake it up so the fob is sufficient again.

I got side-tracked on a house thing and didn't get a chance to lube the tailgate today :(

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:23 pm 

The tailgate opened on the fob 1st time. I've given the 'bolt' a spray with some silicon lube and it seems to be working fine now, but I'll leave the panels off for a week or so and try to check it every day.
Part of the problem is that I use it so rarely. I've had it 7 years now and only increased the mileage from 43k to 65k which is still hardly run in for a diesel. As a single guy without kids I use the rear seats a couple of times a year and only carry a load a similar number of times. It's a shame really. I keep thinking a Clio 172 or 182 would suit me better but this eats motorway miles so easily, costs very little and keeps points off my licence so the Alpine & Bike insurance is cheaper....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:19 pm 

The Hatch lock solenoid is still working but you can hear the groan as it moves. I'll give it another spray and keep the panel off another week or two, just in case ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:50 pm 

I wonder if you should try to get a spare from somewhere and just swap it out? - Sounds like your existing one is either on borrowed time or needs a good clean!

Either way I wouldn't want to chance it...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:07 am 

I can hear mine too, but no problems yet. Should I do something about it? Also while we are at the subject, is there a way to adjust position of latch? My boot hatch is having some play while closed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:18 pm 

It's still working OK. I'll keep an eye out for a spare but now I know how to get to it manually, I'll give this a 2nd chance.
I've tried to check it every day (which in reality mean 4-5 times a week) and it's always worked. So I sprayed it again and put the panel back on last Saturday and all seems fine for the moment.
Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:23 pm 

Well the rear hatch lock actuator/solenoid is getting difficult again.
I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for another one.
Do you know if they're still stocked by Renault?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:16 pm 

Yep still able to get, at £56.25 plus VAT for the solenoid.