The Safrane.Info Forum!

Welcome to our community!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Renault 25
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:09 am 

The obvious one I guess. I once read 'if you like the R25, you'll love the Safrane. It's a car that build on the R25's strengths'

My family had 6 R25's over the years. All covered high mileages with very few issues. The most comfortable seats in any car ever in my view and a lovely looking car. Here are 2 of mine.

Post subject: Re: Renault 25
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:51 pm 

Safrane610 wrote:
My family had 6 R25's over the years.

I knew they had a bit of a cult following but thats incredible :shocked:

SafraneV6RXE (or is it Safrane3LRXE? - I can never remember) had one years ago and another safrane guy we know (the chap who made the "My Safrane on Ebay" video on youtube) also has one stashed away somewhere. I begged him to show it to me one day but I'm still waiting lol. Apparently it's a limo version and is the one used on the renault brochues - one of only 5 in the UK I think he said. Apparently it's far superior to any safrane for comfort in the back.

I saw one once in a scrapyard and I was well impressed with the electric boot unlocking mechanism but I went back there to scavenge it one day and it had gone :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:17 pm 

Seats in the back seem to be much lower and a lot softer (more sumptous) than the Safrane. I grew up travelling in the back of R25's. The Safrane is actually a much better car in reality, but for it's day the R25 was a great underrated car. The auto gearboxes were rubbish though and I've heard a lot of bad stories about the 2.0 12v engine. The 2.0 8v engines were very reliable though and I was once in contact with a guy who had nearly 800,000 km in his R25 GTS and it was still going strong (with original engine and box). Rare to see an R25 these days though. I very nearly bought a lovely white V6 which was a proper minter but had just bought a Lotus Esprit and really couldn't buy any more vehicles!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:51 pm 

I had a $**t brown colour v6 monaco one years back.

6 of the same model renault? Pfft, thats a starter collection ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:49 pm 

After having a chat with SAFRANEV6RXE on the phone last night and googling damon hill's speeding incident in his safrane (must have been great publicity for Renault), I stumbled on SAFRANEV6RXE's old R25 courtesy of google. He's confirmed it was his and to be honest I wasn't surprised as he likes his cars nice and clean:

http://themotor.myfastforum.org/viewtop ... 51&start=0

He doesn't own it now but what a car eh?!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:19 am 

Stunning car. I wonder where it is now?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:40 pm 

I have no idea,i sold it to a chap who had all sorts of plans for it etc but i think he didn,t keep it long and it had the plate OUI 25 put on it(he didn,t retain the original plate)i did get a phone call a few years ago from the person who bought it and i gave a load of info,but never heard from them again.
One of our branches has just had a LHD V6 Baccara recovered in with clutch issues.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:59 pm 

SAFRANEV6RXE wrote:
I have no idea,i sold it to a chap who had all sorts of plans for it etc but i think he didn,t keep it long and it had the plate OUI 25 put on it(he didn,t retain the original plate)i did get a phone call a few years ago from the person who bought it and i gave a load of info,but never heard from them again.
One of our branches has just had a LHD V6 Baccara recovered in with clutch issues.

Hi the car in question OUI 25 is sorned and has been sorned since September 2011. i would really like to buy this car from the bloke that had it from you would it be possible to get in contact with him?? or alternatively do you have any of his details that you could supply me with??

thanks

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:51 pm 

Hi leon,

Just to let you know i've removed you from the newly registered group so you can post away unmoderated (though something tells me you don't have a safrane). Anyhow, you should perhaps try sending a PM to SAFRANEV6RXE directly. He tends to be very knowledgable and keeps contact with a lot of renault enthusiasts - safrane and otherwise.

Saffles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:08 pm 

Hi
The chap who bought it from me had it only for a short while then sold it on,the next owner did ring me asking all sorts of questions about it but i didn,t get any details,i,am afraid it seems to have vanished,a shame as i spent alot of time on that car,its original reg was G250 DOV.